Dumaguete Info Search

Hot or Cold?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by john boy, Jan 24, 2023.

1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,161 / 230
    While I have experienced both the Dry season of Philippines and the cooler Wet season
    what time of year do you enjoy the most, being an Expat in Philippines, and what are the things you do to try to keep a balance which is most suitable to you?

2. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +294 / 17
    I prefer the dry season. Being blessed with aircon if needed and lots of cold water I can still get work done. While I do like the temp of the wet season I have difficulty getting work done. Slipping and sliding in the mud + power tools = accident waiting to happen.
    Good question

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,563 / 1,017
    IMO, February is normally the best weather in the Philippines, global warming not withstanding. After being raised in Seattle, sunny weather is preferred.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,870 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I prefer the wet season, lived in Manchester UK I have become use to the rain in the Ph, much cooler.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    I live for the beach (swim, dive, fishing, BBQ's, & kicking back). Have 3 aircons, 5 fans and generally am always very comfortable.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  6. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I can manage the weather in the Philippines on most days, as long as the temperature stays below 33 Celsius or so and doesn't coincide with extreme humidity I'm fine with shorts and tanktop (button down shirt when we go out). Any warmer than that and I'll turn on the aircon during daytime for a couple hours, but normally electric fans suffice. In the bedroom we do run the aircon at night, but we cool to no more than 5 degrees below outside temperature. I can sleep just fine at 22-24 Celsius.
    Rainy days are welcome as long as there's no outside party planned lol.

• Like Like x 1