Dumaguete Info Search

House Build

Discussion in 'Property Development' started by ShawnM, Feb 15, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    DJ...sorry that I can't give any recommendations; we've done everything ourselves. There are many folks on the forum that have more info/experience than I can provide so hopefully they will chime in.

Shawn

2. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Tony...will check them out tomorrow (if open); if it saves me a trip to Dumaguete I will owe you a few more cold ones next time.

Shawn

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    DJ. I just sent an e mail, pls let me know if you receive it.

Thanks, Ron

4. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Monday pics

Cherry ordered cement first thing this morning but did not get the 50 bags until almost 1800. At least we got that so we can keep the workers busy tomorrow. Still not sure when the EVG panels will get here, sometime this week I hope.

I'm just doing little things at the moment, need the wood to dry out a bit more before I start on the cabinets and can work electrical and plumbing rough in once we get the EVG panels.

Shawn

Attached Files:

5. DeRail

DeRail DI Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 5
    Shawnm i noticed the door with the hinge on the outside is this a entry to the house or just a utility room of sorts that will not need to be secure?

6. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Kitchen door, needed it to open out due to space. All doors and windows have magnetic switches to the security alarm system.

Shawn

7. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    A very hot day

I was basically taking care of minor things today, the guys were struggling with the work as it was really hot...got some work done. Still waiting on the schedule for the truck from Cebu to here for the remaining EVG panels.

Shawn

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Wednesday pics

The remaining EVG panels are in Dumaguete, going to get them to the site tomorrow. Only 20 panels so we think we can get them delivered by jeepney. Cherry will handle things that as I have a few other things to work tomorrow at the house.

I think the front gate is coming along, I like straight lines so the only arches are the front gate and the shower room; it is my style and I like simple things.

If anyone has spent time in Korea (more than 12 years myself) you will see a bit of their older style (60's-80's) with the roof area in my design. My wife's friends think the floor plan is quite a bit different than what is done here but I never wanted to do what is normally done.

At the end of the day I went more with what I wanted than what is a standard home here.

Shawn

Attached Files:

9. OP
    OP
    ShawnM

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Thursday pics

I did not realize yesterday when I posted that today is a holiday (wow they have a lot) so we will get the EVG panels tomorrow.

I put in the exterior camera/unit for the video intercom, honestly surprised you don't see more of them here. I guess I spent too many years in Korea where they are so common place. Really simple to install, 2 wires for video and voice and another 2 wires for the door latch. The wire provided was too short so I ran other wire, no issues as the picture and sound quality is really good.

We've put down 10 bags of cow manure and 6 bags of goat manure for the garden area, just had 2 bags of dirt delivered this afternoon. The wife wants to get dirt from the village (workers are coming each day and she thinks it is the best dirt); there were a lot of worms in the dirt delivered and I judge the quality of dirt based on worms. A few more days of dirt coming in and I think I'll be ready to start transplanting the vegies we've started.

Was a bit mad that one of the T-5 fixtures I installed at the carport had a ballast go bad with less that 10 minutes of being in operation. Cherry wanted to take the fixture back to be replaced (we bought the last 2 they had) so I am hoping we can find a new ballast, plus with the brackets I had to fabricate to get the fixtures to work with the boxes it would be much easier for me to just change the ballast instead of changing the fixture.

The rain last night (it was heavy) filled all my rain water collection barrels...wish I would have been on site as I'm still curious how long it takes to fill the barrels. We'll be moving in soon once we get internet...still paid up for a few more weeks at the apartment so I am more anxious than the wife.

Shawn

Attached Files:

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Where did you get your security camera stuff?