Dumaguete Info Search

House passes medical marijuana bill

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Sedona, Jan 30, 2019.

1. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    More angles...

On a scale of 1 to 10. 0 being activist against. 10 being activist for. 5 being neutral. I would put myself closer to neutral of the two of us. In other words, I feel you are more activist for than I am against.

My argument was rational with a bias of caution. An activist approach puts spin on words.

• I did not say marijuana should be illegal.
    • I did not say marijuana doesn't have medicinal uses.
    • To say that marijuana is more potent today than it has been in the past isn't an argument for prohibition.
    • A drug which has medicinal benefits may still be harmful in certain circumstances.
    • People who feel marijuana may help a a medical issue should seek consultation rather than self medicate.
    • The above points should be part of your mentioned research.

Seriously? If anything is anti marijuana on this page, it's this quote. It's against the spirit of the culture. What is the experience of weed if not an exploration of the mind in an altered state of reality? A relatively minor shift for marijuana compared to hallucinogens such as LSD, but still powerful. You're being a pu**y if you aren't exploring the darker areas as well as the lighter. One of the most powerful lessons I learned from hallucinogens is how much control you really have when your brain doesn't want to cooperate. You can take yourself to an edge and then back away from it. For that reason, I think I can "handle my weed" and high stress extraordinarily well. But I'm not shy to mention the more tricky areas of the landscape that I have seen in my travels. These tricky areas are the same which other people have a problem with if they have a bad experience with weed. These experiences are also proven, just as the positives which you mention.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  2. liannastar

liannastar DI Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 38
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Just psychological benefits, but it can lead to dependency.
    Has some bad side effects as well, like laziness.
    It CAN also lead to other stronger drugs.
    It really depends on the person honestly. Some can handle it, some can't.

3. liannastar

liannastar DI Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 38
    Blood Type:
    A+

I'd have to agree with some of your points if not most.
    There are people out there, when I see their behavior, I say "man that guy should smoke some weed" and others that I say no way.. they are already lazy and unmotivated without it!

I believe it affects people differently, but overall, I'd much rather be around stoned people than drunk people.

In fact, I think it's way better for you in every way than alcohol. But still, it shouldn't be consumed by everyone out there.

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What about adults?

5. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Many people have the benefit of smoke weed, it makes your muscle and mind relax and can even be a painkiller. I see it more like a herbal than traditional medicine

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Drugs are chemicals. Food is chemicals. I'm not making moral judgements. People just have to be careful about managing what they put into their bodies. The chemicals of fake food destroy many lives and result in a long, miserable decline. Obesity is a massive problem around the world. If people can't even manage food, then how much worse with more powerful substances?

It's not just the weed which is potent. Like cheese? Well how about mega cheesy nuclear yellow slime cheese? The taste sensors will send your brain into shutdown mode and you'll go into seizures. When you come to, you'll sell yourself just to get the cheese. The manager of McD's is getting get BJ's all day long. Now how about some chocolate cake...

Apply that same concept to everything else we are surrounded by in the world.

7. liannastar

liannastar DI Member

Ratings:
    +160 / 38
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I personally think people should stop smoking it and just vape it instead. It's a lot healthier

8. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Wrong
    It is the most quoted argument against legalization used today...
    That was the impetus behind my disagreement with your original post...
    As to the rest of your post... hallucinogens ? Seriously?... I stopped reading after that

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Yes, I believe there are. There are over 500 active substances in cannabis, with the oil you just get the CBD. The CBD is the main source of benefit in things like seizures, Parkinsons, pain, and MS. Some people with these disorders obtain a greater benefit from smoking than from the oil. Smoking puts THC, THCV, CBG, and the terpenes into the body. These provide for other benefits in areas like Alzheimer's, PTSD, sleep disorders, anxiety disorders, anorexia. By legislatively mandating that ONLY the purified oil form can be used they are eliminating half the areas of potential application. Of course the reason that they do this is because the THC has the undesirable side effect of making you feel "happy", and we must avoid that at all costs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I miss an important fact here, THC which are the stuff you get high of is not contained in medicinal marijuana and you don't smoke medicinal marijuana, I only know about liquid or pills. The ongoing discussion if marijuana was stronger in the past than today is hard to give a 100 % correct answer on. In the good old days, there was good and bad quality, I think the same today. What area/country it comes from, climate and the way you care for the plants. One thing is for sure, marijuana cultivated under artificial light is stronger, because it contains much more THC which is the stuff you get high of. Some people get alcoholic if the drink other get a kind of addiction if the smoke marijuana, it's individual