Dumaguete Info Search

Household Community Quarantine Passes

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Rye83, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    received_1742914252499079.png

I wonder where I might be able to get one of these passes in the next 1 hour and 40 minutes since I am the only person in my household? :hmmm:

I wonder if I get a nice band with a patch to put on my arm that will need to be shown along with my papers. Any camps I could be sent off to if I can't obtain the proper paperwork? :rolleyes:

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Francois

Francois DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +37 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+

3. Francois

Retired
    Ratings:
    +37 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+

Do the foreigners residents in Negros Oriental are citizens? We are not for senior citizens to get a senior citizen ID card as we are not filipino but in this executive order for the citizens over 65 are we now citizens even we are not Filipinos?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You can try to play that game if you want but you know the rules are going to apply to you as well.

I never understood why some have such sour grapes about that senior citizen discount. If you can't afford to support yourself the same as a local can then you have no business living overseas. The senior citizen discount is there to help seniors in a less than optimal financial situation (and have likely been in that situation their entire life). You, as a guest in the country, that came on your own freewill should not be in such a situation and resort to what is essentially being a foreign beggar with a massive sense of entitlement simply because you have managed not to die for 65+ years (it is really not an accomplishment). Most of these small business owners are barely scraping by themselves. I would personally be embarrassed to ask someone much less fortunate than me for a discount like some kuripot trash foreigner that just stepped out of the trailer park for the first time in my life. But that's just me...

• Agree Agree x 11
  5. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    The posted image was only partial. The full image is here which answers our questions.

shaky

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I have always thought that a foreigner who has decided to live in the Philippines to claim the Senior Discount is one of the most disgraceful things I have ever seen. I have even seen foreigners brag about their senior discount card as if it is something to be proud of and urge others to do the same. If you need the senior discount to be able to afford to live in the Philippines you do not deserve to be there.

• Agree Agree x 8
  7. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    Double check : so every household all over Negor gets one pass, one person allowed to leave the house at the same time to buy groceries and for the rest we have tk stay home?

And how do we get the pass? Brg hall or something?
    Feels a bit somebody cut and paste the wrong info in this letter

8. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    The pass will be used during general community quarantine. I think this needs to be declared first.

9. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Have no pass. Went out yesterday to pick up some things I wanted and needed. Did my shopping at Robinsons, Rolling Pin and JLH Butchers, walked the whole way around, then went to Y Not, I was the only one there for a while. Ordered my wine and waited for the wife who went to the market (since I'm a senior and not allowed) to buy some fruit and veg.

She met me, had a juice, then we went home. No questions asked, no one complaining, no one checking anything.

She thought it was a bit funny not allowing seniors into the market since most of the stalls of vendors are all run by seniors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Francois

Retired
    Ratings:
    +37 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I totally agree with you. My question was only to ask if, as foreigner, we are citizens in regard of the Philippines laws. It's confusing as when we try to find information , ther is often contradictory interpretation.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020