Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Household Community Quarantine Passes

1. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    The Philippines has one big advantage over most of Europe and large land-mass countries - much easier to shut down travel when all you need to do is stop flights and ferries.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Yes, they are taking it seriously, but far from logically....starting with the governor's office.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    FB_IMG_1585117887071.jpg

That clears that issue up!

• Informative Informative x 3
  4. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Previous iterations of the proposal specified "persons". Confusion over the precise meaning of "senior citizen" in the Philippines stems from the occasional use of it in the American-English sense of "person over 65" or some other unspecified age. I will use a "senior citizen" line at the supermarket, because I believe it to be intended for me as well as my filipino fellows. But I will not attempt to get "senior citizen" discounts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Just to complete the BPI survey, the North Road branch this past week required wearing of face shield (and mask). There was sign-in.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

not sure if this is the right place but you are aware that today the "state of calamity" has been extended until september 2021 by duterte. it includes authority for price controls and use of public funds by "LGU's" to control covid. i have no idea whatECQ status for manila. just a heads up

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    Unless a person happens to have a face shield on him, he will get zingered trying to walk into any PNB Branch. It sort of tells the me that the actual rule to wear face shields in public places never expired, it is simply not enforced at most places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    That is shocking. It means BPI is misinformed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yeah, I believe it is only the BPI Main on Perdices, I guess the Manager did not get the memo that every other institution on Negros Oriental got.

• Like Like x 2
  10. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

you know astralweeks, you are hitting on one of the cultural differences here that drive me crazy. this is a culture of misinfomation, disinformation and no information. they simply do not share what they know unless you ask. i almost never see signs on businesses indicating their open/close times. few street signs, virtually no house numbers. about twenty percent of the time when we have service providers coming to the house i have to bicycle out two blocks to the nearest main street (san jose extension in daro) and have them follow me home even after my wife spends five minutes giving instructions. (its not like we live in the woods, its all concrete road to our house)

virtually every business and governmental web site i visit is out of date. in a private joke, everytime i ask my wife what time it is the reply is "same as yesterday". she is not being obtuse, she really does not care what time it is. all said, i love it here, but posts on windows and bulletin boards and websites are at best advisory and all i can do is grit my teeth, take a deep breath and try to remember that i have not been on blood pressure meds since i moved here seven years ago.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1