Best Posts in Thread: Household Community Quarantine Passes

1. Glendazumba

Glendazumba DI Forum Adept

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I don’t think they do. Just walk right in after signing. Don’t forget mask.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Glendazumba

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    That’s an old sign. You need to have a mask though—log your details, have temp check and alcohol—that’s all. PASSES are passe. We had been under MGCQ for many months already—no need of passes under this quarantine classification.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Glendazumba

teaching
    Ratings:
    +729 / 36
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Passes can be had at your barangay—it’s the barangay captains who are tasked to give passes. But I don’t think passes are necessary now. One can enter any establishment provided you follow protocols—log in details, temp. check, alcohol

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    We went to Robinsons yesterday which was one of our days to go according to our pass, on arrival i thought the carpark was more full than i have seen for months, at the entrance door the guard did not want to look at our passes so i asked him can we just come any day and he said yes.
    There was a few things out of stock so we then went to Hypermarket and same story, no pass required.
    Even though i used to complain about some of the covid restrictions i used to like the fact that on the days we were allowed to shop there was always plenty of space in the carpark and the store was not crowded.
    In the words of the old song :singing: you don't know what you've got till it's gone :singing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    My wife (drove) and I went from Bacong to Dumaguete this morning. Tried diversion road but a barangay checkpoint turned us around and we had to return to the national highway. Reached the Dgte chekpoint around 9:00. They asked where we were going, she told them the bank and took our temperature, Wife parked the car and walked back to line up to get a pass, I stayed in the car, with aircon, took 45 min. Went to BDO Bank Robinson’s, only 1 or 2 people there. Wife went to mall, had to show pass, went to Hypermart, no pass needed, went to Belcris, no pass needed. This was the first time I tried going into town during house ECQ. Surprised hassle free.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Purple pass received in Balugo this morning.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Mikal

Mikal DI Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 12
    No, No, No. AFAIK there is still zero coordination between LGUs. The new color coded passes are for Dumaguete City only. Tis was the basis for a lot of confusion previously, so lets not go down that road again...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Going to be interesting when this all passes, to walk around and see how many businesses remain closed because they can't reopen. The second death toll to be reported, or not reported in order to not look bad for their decisions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    This is really bad. You have no idea of what the chemical is or what dilution they used and yet had it sprayed all over you!

The problem is they are 'experienced' only in dealing with non-human animal diseases (such as pig diseases) and are using systems to prevent passage of pathogens between live stock establishments. But these usually involve the disinfection of things directly in contact with the ground, such as car tyres and footwear - I had never heard (and I worked with animal viruses) of the animals being sprayed (usually they kill them and burn them on the spot).

There is a great danger they will cause harm to humans if they start spraying people - possibly more harm than the virus itself (in this low infection area). It is a really very bad idea!

I know you are a smart guy and hope you showered asap.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. fahr_side

fahr_side DI Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 23
    I drove in and out of Bacong yesterday. Going out, waved through. Going in, get out of vehicle, show driver’s license, Q pass. Then wash hands, disinfect shoes, take temperature. While doing this someone sprayed something on my tires. After that we were free to go. Some... person outside Paddy’s demanded to know why we were here to buy something we could probably buy where we live (we couldn’t, hence the journey) and would only let the missus in the store. They didn’t have what I was looking for either. Probably not very good for business.

Most of the people manning the checkpoints are volunteers who look clueless as to what they are supposed to be doing or what the goals are. Few were wearing masks and most were huddled together under a small canopy trying to stay out of the sun. Some wanted to handle our documents and some didn’t. YMMV.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1