Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Household Community Quarantine Passes

1. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    "Dear citizens, we f*cked up,sorry, but those of you who got no passes, you are not allowed at the market but you can still buy your food at sari sari stores or at the 7/11".

Did I get that right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Do you mean the Stock Exchange might re-open soon? It already has. I saw much news that it had closed (including a notification email) but nothing that it had opened (including no email). I was thinking of my asawa buying a few stocks but now I think those who knew (were let in on the 'secret') picked up the bargains.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I am not implying that any of this going on in the US or Europe currently is actually good. Just observing what is actually happening.

the outcome will for sure be a lot of pain, but also a shorter time until a meaningful number of people are immune.

Also, regarding the math - currently there is no knowledge about the percentage of people who get infected but stay completely under the radar due to lack of symptoms. This may, or may not, considerably change the situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Spot on again - the worry is that if you don't isolate a population you get the deaths of many elderly, ill and other vulnerables but if you do isolate then you stop herd immunity developing and have to wait for an effective 'treatment' (vaccine or chemical).

Caught between a rock and a hard place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    It is very realistic that Negros Oriental can get the cases down to a level that can be managed with contact tracing as long as they keep the borders closed. Many places around the world are doing this. The key is to keep the numbers low.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    So area 1 of this pass holds 50% of the population of negros so there are still going to be long lines everywhere,as for the other areas mentioned on the passes how is eveyone going to get to dumaguete with no pubic transport?
    Here in bacong we got a 2in scrap of paper for a pass with no days stated on it and so i see it we will be under area 1 rules or?
    Is it still possible to go out when needed in bacong for local veggies or grocery or are we tied to the days on the area 1 thing?
    This stuff has not been well thought through as usual,even the barangay just shruged when asked.
    Looks like just carry on as normal until we are told any different.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    If we survive (with no food supplies) then perhaps all ALIENS who assisted the country (that means all of us) will be given free citizenship. Not.

• Like Like x 2
  9. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    It's all very confusing. I was told today that ECQ (when/if it goes into effect) would completely quarantine "senior citizens" (I know we can quibble for weeks on here about the 'citizen' part) 24/7. But I can't find that online. But if it's the case, how is an over-65 person who lives alone going to be able to eat after the cupboard is bare? Is the city going to deliver free food to that person (me)? It has to be free because I will run out of cash in my pocket and not be able to go to the bank or ATM.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Francois

Francois DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +37 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O+
    • Thanks Thanks x 2