Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Household Community Quarantine Passes

1. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    "3. The Issuance of a Community Quarantine Pass (CQP), while we are under General Community Quarantine (GCQ), is not required. However upon their sound judgment, Barangay Captains may issue CQP to every household so as not to encounter additional problems when the time comes that we upgrade to Enhanced Community Quarantine, if condition warrants;"

so right now, they can issue it but it shouldnt be necessary to have anywhere. However, it's useless to argue the topic with locals that are already putting up barricades i guess.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It has to be adopted and implemented by LGUs. It says in the order that LGUs are highly encourage to participate. It is how the Philippines has always worked and I'm pretty sure it is how government was designed to work...and personally, I like it that way.

You should add "possibly coming to a town near you" to the end of every law and executive order you read as the national and provincial government levels have limited capabilities to enforce their laws. They almost completely rely on LGUs to play along. Which is a good thing IMO as it gives the people more power and control over their own lives since they can more easily influence how, or even if, laws will be enforced and can give plenty of pushback to people sitting in a palace in Manila.

So until you hear something from your Barangay Captain or mayor you really shouldn't worry too much about any law or executive order...just know that it could be implemented and be prepared for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Just got my pass from my Barangays Captains resident office (had to laminate it myself) . So here is how it's rolling out. If your a Foreigner and your married to a Filipina and you both reside in the same home, both names go on the pass but only one can use it at any single time when going out to eat, shop for needs or medical visits. If stopped and checked even with pass you may have to give information on where you are heading.
    ***IF YOU ARE A FOREIGNER AND ON YOUR OWN UNDER 65.....GO TO YOUR BARANGAY CAPTAIN TO GET YOUR PASS***

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  4. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    if in doubt, look at the intention of the regulation, not at the actual words used.

it is quite obvious that while it appears foreigners arent covered because they only talk about citizens, it makes no sense to exclude them and is merely an oversight.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Have no pass. Went out yesterday to pick up some things I wanted and needed. Did my shopping at Robinsons, Rolling Pin and JLH Butchers, walked the whole way around, then went to Y Not, I was the only one there for a while. Ordered my wine and waited for the wife who went to the market (since I'm a senior and not allowed) to buy some fruit and veg.

She met me, had a juice, then we went home. No questions asked, no one complaining, no one checking anything.

She thought it was a bit funny not allowing seniors into the market since most of the stalls of vendors are all run by seniors.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1