Dumaguete Info Search

Household Community Quarantine Passes

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Rye83, Mar 24, 2020.

1. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
  2. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    They originate from the various government agencies and are posted on FB.

On FB check out "Yes the Best Dumaguete" and "Headz Up NegOr".

There you will find daily updates on the number of confirmed cases here on Negros Oriental. Currently there are 2. There were 4 total but 2 died.

• Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    These "fake news" accusations need to stop. People are confused because these executive orders change every day or two and many contradict what another says. STOP using the words "fake news" to describe misunderstandings. Spreading fake news is a crime in the Philippines. By accusing people of doing it you are accusing them of a crime. This will not be tolerated and you WILL receive warnings and you WILL get banned for continuing to do so.

If you believe someone is maliciously spreading false and misleading information or conspiracy theories on the forum report it using the reporting feature. Do NOT reply to it and try to deal with it on your own. (This only brings further attention to the information.) If you believe someone has misinterpreted a rule/law/executive order feel free to comment on it.

Warnings, points and bans WILL be issued going forward.

@AndyG @DavyL200

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Well said Rye83. I guess you have some kind of administrative authority withing the Forum/Site. It also seems to me that some on the Forum are getting quite worked up with each other over silly little things. No need for that. Maybe everyone's getting a bit 'stir crazy' being cooped up in the house. I joined DI to gain and receive information....why don't we keep it at that? Just the view of a relative newcomer. Thanks all.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    Facebook - mostly filipino communication is happening there bcz it's for free, lots of Dumaguete based sites f.e. local radio stations - you gets news sometimes fresher than here :-)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    I was just at our favorite beloved Immigration Office, only medium-crowded in hallway; only 2 or 3 clients allowed inside at a time. They said that today was the last day they will accept applications for Visa Extensions & such until the Big Q ends (I was getting another month on Tourist visa; "stranded in paradise"). I can't pick-up my passport until that future wonderful-utopian time, but others who applied before can still come-in and pick-up -- so they will be "minimally open". Said that those who need Extension must wait until Big Q is lifted, and will NOT be punished for being late, just gotta apply & pay as-regular after the joyful date.

7. mntnwolf

mntnwolf DI Member

university professor
    Ratings:
    +110 / 10
    Also -- she said that they "have no idea" when ferry & air ports will open, that decision being made at national government level (& Governors, I think), and there has been no hint yet. :o o: They hope it will be at the same time as the Harsh Q ends -- and she said the current plan for *that* is April 18th, but of-course it *could* be a bit earlier or later than that. Let's all hope & pray for 18 being the lucky number! :happy:

• Like Like x 1
  8. SkipJack

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Why would they open the Dumaguete airport on the 18th? There will still be infected people in Manila and other places. Hopefully Negros Oriental will be rid of the virus so we can go back to drinking the economy back to health.

Maybe people will be allowed to leave?

9. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Getting rid of the virus isn't going to happen. Maybe at one point there won't be cases here on this island anymore, officially, but what does that really say? The will never test anybody, and for sure they can not test everybody at the same time. More so on a national / international level.

I've read a few times now already that it's more realistic that we'll go through the whole process multiple times, epidemic -> quarantine -> no quarantine -> epidemic etc. The hope is that each time, due to immunities from previous infections, the spreading speed of the virus will be less and health systems will be able to cope with it better each time, so less strict measures are needed to prevent collapse. Plus, in a year we might have a vaccine and / or better treatments so that will help too.

There's no way they hold up quarantine simultaneously long enough around the world for the virus to completely die off. Totally unrealistic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SkipJack

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    It is very realistic that Negros Oriental can get the cases down to a level that can be managed with contact tracing as long as they keep the borders closed. Many places around the world are doing this. The key is to keep the numbers low.

• Agree Agree x 2