Dumaguete Info Search

Household Community Quarantine Passes

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Rye83, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    they cant enforce helmet law, i trust they cant enforce this bs, either.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    None of this nonsence has been thought through very well. Im thinking the IQ charts posted last year are very true!

3. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    The wife says she got her pass yesterday afternoon delivered to the house. My wife was talking to a neighbor this morning and she said that she was given a pass as she was a couple years from being a senior citizen instead of her husband who is a senior citizen; their joke was that she would have to learn to drive a motor bike as her husband can't go out.

Curious to see how enforcement will work, but the wife says people seem to be taking things fairly serious at the moment.

Shawn

4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    My Wife wants me to get a scooter to drive in the Philippines. This may take some effort as I would need to remove the brakes, rip out the signal light wires, smash the headlight out, weld the kick-stand in the down position, let most the air out of the tires, use a blow torch to melt the treads off then find someone big and strong to smash me up-side the head with a 2x4 and poke me in one eye with a screwdriver,,,,,,,,,and I'am good to go.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Buy a used scooter of a Filipino, make a few crashes, then you ready to go

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. anti_crazy

anti_crazy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +262 / 48
    A few crashes.......yikes, might have to home treat injuries.

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  7. btd

btd DI Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 1
    I went to my local barangay hall here in West Balabag, Valencia. They asked me to come back tomorrow and that I will be issued a "temporary pass" ("official" passes coming later? I don't know). They said enforcement of this should not be strict just yet as the executive order is not yet finalized. I know the order states this is effective now, so I don't know how to interpret that.

I'm not intending to convey official policy nor do I imply what I've been told is accurate is information. Just to share my personal experience in my attempt to obtain a pass so far.

8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    With vehicle plates taking years, I guess the 'temporary' pass might be the only one you get - not that it matters if it serves its purpose.

9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I also heard of a barangay which has set up a disinfectant trough for cars to drive through but no checking of the occupants - I respect the attempts people are making to control the virus but they have got it wrong.

This is the type of control used when farm animals get infected (e.g. foot-and-mouth, African swine fever) so that cars travelling from farm to farm don't carry the virus on their tyres (they also disinfect footwear - of the people, not the animals!). In such cases, there is no passage of animals at all - usually they are slaughtered and incinerated on the spot (fortunately this is not happening with Covid-19 and humans!).

The check point should be checking the people inside the vehicles - they, along with door handles, are the way the virus might be getting in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Maybe you do not fully understand the situation. Establishing the disinfecting stations exercises the communities skills and prepares the population for the checkpoints.

The authorities here are very empathetic towards the population and always give the community time to acquiesce to the upcoming enforcement. You can see this in the phased way they implement enforcement. Some arrogant foreigners see this as confusion because of the regular changes in the rules. They do not see the value this has in creating a dialog among the people that helps them understand why there are more restrictions.

This dialog that you and I are having right now helps the community understand why they might soon be checking the occupants of the cars and enforcing the enhanced quarantine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1