Dumaguete Info Search

Household Community Quarantine Passes

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Rye83, Mar 24, 2020.

1. NYC

NYC DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Retired Airline pilot
    Ratings:
    +576 / 154
    Blood Type:
    A-
    They are using thermal scanners at the various checkpoints set up around Valencia. I had an interesting scan a few minutes ago. The scanner issued a warning of "low" rather than even an actual temp. So the other worker brought his scanner around and got the same thing. I think I know why, but not sure. My normal temp is usually on the low side anyway. I had just gotten in the car with a sweaty forehead and had the aircon blasting my face to cool off. My skin temp was probably way low when they tested due to the evaporation and cold dry air. They just let me pass anyway since no fever. Certainly not a foolproof screening technique if it can be defeated this way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fahr_side

fahr_side DI Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 23
    I think the highest temperature I’ve been scanned at in the last weeks was 35.9*C. These laser thermometers need to be calibrated, they don’t just work out of the box. Obviously no one has ever read the instructions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Probably written in Chinese :hmmm:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Im sure you all know by now!

FB_IMG_1585485770065.jpg

• Informative Informative x 6
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I just wonder if people are getting confused by the various types (names) of quarantines and if a better system would be using Levels (e.g. 1 to 3 or whatever) or colours (yellow, orange red), as for typhoons and other risks.

6. btd

btd DI Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 1
    Weird, but not surprising. I got mine at the same office three days ago. I guess at the time they had been less unsure about what was going on. And/or they felt somewhat obligated since I went the day before and they told me to come back the next day for one. In any case, I haven't yet been required to present it. Oh well. Just rolling with the punches!

7. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    here's a summary of the luzon ''enhanced community quarantine.''
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Luzon_enhanced_community_quarantine

numbers one to five, like typhoon ratings, would be less confusing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. btd

btd DI Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 1
    Go with the floooooow

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Wife and I decided to move to our 2nd home to stay if (when) the enhanced quarantine kicks in. Appears someone has entered the home and took all of my Wifes shoes and clothes, in fact every single article except for her string bikini that was hanging on the clothes line. As I have CCTV Cameras I suspected to clearly see if my suspicion was correct and indeed it was..........................................Turns out, I do in fact look shorter on CCTV.

• Funny Funny x 9
  10. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Politicians only need be as intelligent and as logical as their voting base. The countries we come from aren't doing any much better than the Philippines, in fact, most are actually doing much worse. So what does that tell you? Most of what the Philippines is doing has worked much better at slowing the spread of the disease than Western policy has. The problem with the West (and the complaints here) has largely been a "but muh freedum!" issue. Stop being so selfish and follow the rules.

This seems to be a great example of how democracy and anti-authoritarian views are not always best. Sometimes you need people who can step up and not worry about how their idiotic voting base will react...and those people are in very short supply in the West.

• Agree Agree x 5