Dumaguete Info Search

How and why did you end up here in the Philippines

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by simple mind, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    ....and you actually wrote a letter BY HAND (obviously using a pen or pencil). Been there - done that, and the end result is a recently celebrated 25-year wedding anniversary...

Vicmico (old school)

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You must have scratched your computer screens pretty bad writing with a pen or pencil. :wink:

3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    All joking aside, how in the world did you meet a girl in the Philippines (prior to invention of the internet). We're you prior service? Up in Subic/Clark? Sounds like it would be a good story. I often think to myself what this place would be like without Facebook and cell phones (I'm sure a much better, although more 3rd world). I always enjoy the company of the older women here, they seem to have more morals and more respect.

4. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Well Wry, if you MUST know: I travelled quite a bit during those days and in-flight magazines were only once-a-month issues. Duringa second trip in the same month I decided to kill time by reading what I had skipped during the first trip, hence reading (boring) letters from readers and the like. However, there was a small column "penpalls sought" and one entry caught my eye. My wife received her first letter (handwritten in pencil) on stationary of the Etap hotel in Istanbul and posted in that place. The rest is history......

Your curiosity satisfied now?

Vicmico

5. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Cool stuff. But kinda sorry I asked. Didn't mean to pry.

6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    They were made of glass back then. I still have a never used CRT monitor. I'm thinking I can hold onto it for a few more years and trade up for some 8-track tapes.:smile:

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

LOL, I'm still using a CRT monitor!

Larry

8. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Don't worry - I've told this story many times over but never given any "details" away.....

9. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Good to know my target customer demographic:D

10. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    well now, I came to train the nbi in hand to hand combat, later on i helped PNN in their understanding of the AK47 I have refused many contracts sush as the NPA and other groups in mindanao. I HAVE TO GO NOW MY BIG MAC IS GETTING COLD.