Dumaguete Info Search

Question How much power from a solar panel in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Feb 15, 2016.

1. contrail

contrail DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +71 / 7
    Best Answer
    If you're at Dumaguete airport/ Finishline Cafe stop in and I'll show you actual Data and real time numbers based here in Dumaguete. We generates 100% of our power used, System is Net Meter, Grid Tie, Expandable at no additional cost from 250 watts 220V AC 60hz to 1 megawatt,no troublesome Batteries! 25 year warranty, most efficient , easy, safe reliable system. In stock ready to install. Please Make an appointment as I am extremely busy installing systems.... 09184185555. this invitation is to anyone on Dumaguete Info, mention this and get special pricing offer!

Regards, Bryan

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Bryan did the installation and supplied the inverters for Eden. Can only agree. He will give to and honest quite and real data.
    Equipment comes with 25 years warranty.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Disregard. I jumped the gun again before reading whole thread. :muted:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    Scientists for many years have known about (Perovskite) which is an element found in sand all over the Globe but it was a high cost element to extract!
    Now a company has discovered how to grow the element in a lab at super low costs. Billions are now being invested by oil Barons as this element will soon be
    replacing old solar power tech. They have no choice but to go all in. It's looked at frankly as a no brainier as solar power will be cheaper than any hydro production method available by a huge % forecast to be over 10 times cheaper.perovskite break through solar power - Google Search

New element super solar power conductance, pennies on the dollar to produce now!

• Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  5. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    When the posted clip stopped some new clips were suggested and I sat through about 36 minutes of a 72 minute presentation and the salient facts are this isn't going to be ready any time soon for anything much bigger than a calculator. It doesn't perform as well as silicon. When scaled up it loses 75% efficiency which was not as good as silicon to begin with. It is extremely sensitive and can degrade significantly in 60 hours if exposed to normal moisture in the air. At the present moment they don't know how to make it without water soluble lead. The pennies on the dollar are the energy cost to produce the film vs producing the silicon for a solar cell. It has nothing to do with how much the solar cell itself is going to cost because this Perovskite is sensitive stuff and may require a vacuum. Maybe in the grand or great grandkids lifetime. I believe I heard something about a shorter life cycle than silicon but I won't swear to it. It was shortly before they went on at length about having to recycle the cells and how difficult it will be to reclaim the rare trace elements. They kept saying "but that's an engineering problem" and yeah, an engineer can fix most things if given an unlimited budget but that doesn't mean it's going to be a cost effective, real world solution.

• Informative Informative x 3
  6. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86

will the power companies buy excess electricity from their customers?

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yes, but I believe that you need to have a business account for them to do pay out. I could be wrong though.

8. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    My inquiries have discovered that they do buy it from the customer, but only at half price. Thus the most efficient way to use solar is not to sell it to Noreco but only produce slightly less than you use during the daylight hours and draw whatever extra you need during the day and night from the grid. It seems to me that you will still have a Noreco bill, but what you save on that bill 'should be' (my own guestimate) enough to pay off your solar investment in 6 to 8 years.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks, that's something worth looking into if/when I do solar myself. Something I hadn't thought of.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DELETED-shotshapers

DELETED-shotshapers Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello there
    I am in Amlan, and would my bill is roughly 4000 -5000 pesos a month, i would like to reduce it 100 % to zero, could you pm me here please so we could make arrangements for you to come and see me and work out some strategy to have you install what ever it takes, its just a residential property , nice big roof, lots of room for panels , but thats just a laymans opinion

thanks