Dumaguete Info Search

How the Info page looks on Mozilla

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by btween2worlds, May 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btween2worlds

btween2worlds DI Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +27 / 4

Attached Files:

2. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Looks the same in Chrome, so not a Firefox specific problem I'd say.

3. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't care what the site looks like on a browser few visitors use (anything on Linux). I'm using Linux also and the page looks fine on both Chrome and Firefox. You need to include the versions of the browsers that you are using. The distro and version might help also.

4. OP
    OP
    btween2worlds

Ratings:
    +27 / 4
    You need to include the versions of the browsers that you are using. The distro and version might help also.

I am Using Ubuntu 14.04 Firefox 46.06.01 I have been to the link long before the update to the new first page and its hard to find the forum link on the new page. I think they are running a professional website here and they care how it looks to every browser and OS. Its a simple coding issue.

meta property="og:image:width" content="960" />
    <meta property="og:image:height" content="588" />

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  5. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Firefox 46.0.1 / Chrome 48.0, Debian Jessie
    Firefox 45 and Safari 9.1 on OS/X 10.10.5 have the same problem

personally I don't care much since I go to /board directly anyway...

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Hmm, yeah, it does look to be a bit of a mess. I haven't been to the front page in a while. I don't have the same problems you do, but the menu is a bit jacked up for me.

I'm not a front-end guy but I can generally hold my own. It's not a simple coding issue, especially when you aren't a web developer.

This is using a template. Probably the easiest steps for the owner is to 1) see if there is an updated version of the template or 2) use a different template.

This is using (Twitter) Bootstrap. There is probably a bug in the responsive handling in how the template was built. I can reproduce the issue on certain screen sizes but if I go smaller or bigger then it corrects itself. I'm guessing this could be an issue on non-Linux machines as well.

It appears that this template has customized Bootstrap, so it's probably not ideal to jack with it without the original source files (probably compiled with LESS) and I know the owner has no idea what I'm talking about anyways.

CC Wrye83

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Or maybe it is a simple coding issue. Just a quick look.

There is this CSS rule...

Code:
    .boxed-layout #page{
        width: 70%;
    }

If I disable that, then it seems to correct the issue. You can test this on your own machine if you know how to use the developer tools. Just inspect the following element.

Code:
    <div id="page" class="site">
    And you should see the above mentioned rule. Disabling doesn't seem to have any adverse effect on the page. But that's just a quick test and I'm not a pro front-end developer.

EDIT: The file in question is this one...
    wp-content/themes/accesspress-pro-child/style.css

Wrye83 Let me know if you need help with that. Either way, I'll send you an invoice. :banana:

• Genius Genius x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    btween2worlds

Ratings:
    +27 / 4
    I found my way to the forum as well. And it is ok with me if its messed up. I just thought that whoever was in charge would like to know? I have a problem of trying to be a helpful human. It gets me into lots of trouble, but I just can not stop helping people. If you cant figure it out let me know? I will ask my Rock Star Pinay wife to show you how to fix it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    btween2worlds

Ratings:
    +27 / 4
    TagError: adsbygoogle.push() error: No slot size for availableWidth=0

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'll have a look. Curious; anyone on Windows seeing the same thing with certain browsers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.