Dumaguete Info Search

How to tread this? (Skin wound)

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Dr. Shiva, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    The last pic shows how it was starting. The first pic shows, how it looks right now. I dunno, what it caused it. Because I removed a white string, it could be the remains being cut/teared away from a dead jellyfish.

How to tread this? Is medical attention required for this? Where to go if to see a doctor? We are currently in Ayungon/Tayasan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +2,007 / 1,093
    Go to Pharmacy and buy a small anti-bacterial ointment. Wipe it down with Iodine 1st with a cotton ball or gauze. Even if it hurts or stings do not dab at it, instead apply pressure when applying the iodine and wipe in a circular fashion. Now apply the ointment generously, cover over with clean square piece of Gauze and keep covered for 2 days while keeping it dry. After 2 days uncover and if it seems well on it's way towards healing. apply more ointment then Gauze for another 2 days. After 2 more days remove Gauze and let wound air dry out.

Keep in mind that after 2 days if it does not seem to be healing then at once get to a walk-in Clinic.
    - Also 1000's of different things can cause such a wound, ultimately it is up to you to just go to a walk in Clinic at once or attempt self remedy. If it has been oozing any liquid as in Plasma or infection than best to get to a Clinic as they will patch you up and also give you an Antibiotic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 92
    i just had a similar looking sore, called a ''non healing ulcerated lesion with rolled borders ,'' cut off of my forehead.

out patient procedure, took a couple of hours with registering, procedure and all.
    cost around ₱2k if i remember correctly and that included a biopsy.

Dr Revey Nuico at Ace Doctors. 0975 181 8993

best wishes...

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I take now everyday pics to see if it is getting worse but it seems now that it has stop the spreading.

5. MikeP64

MikeP64 DI Forum Adept Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +251 / 141
    It kind of looks like ringworm. It is not actually a worm just the shape sometimes looks like it. Athletes foot is a type of ring worm that doesn't form rings. If it is ringworm the treatment requires an anti fungal.

6. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Currently it looks now:
    [​IMG]
    I have here Mupirocin (antibacterial) and Travocort (antifungal).

At 16th july we will move to Dumaguete.

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,870 / 1,029
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Looks like non melanoma skin cancer, I had three cut from my upper chest in Dumaguete private clinic. And had two more cut out 15 years ago, got some more near my eye and on my head. They can stay there near my eye.
    Nonmelanoma skin cancer - Symptoms and causes

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,563 / 1,017
    I have no idea what it is but good luck with the recovery. Please keep us posted with findings.

9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,627 / 2,895
    Did you ever sort this out? The two lesions very close to each other is intriguing. We might all benefit from knowing what this was found to be. There are many possibilities, as outlined by other members, but any such lesion would require an expert diagnosis.

10. OP
    OP
    Dr. Shiva

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Currently, it looks this way:
    [​IMG]

As you can see that one is completely gone.