Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: I am a lawyer, i am a lawyer

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Also, be careful not to identify the man in any way here. If he feels your intent in posting here is to "tarnish his image" he could get you for defamation. Understand that there are *ssholes in every city (even in "The City of Gentle People" :rolleyes:), he sounds like one of them. Best to just avoid him and let it go.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is part of their culture. If there is a space occupy it. I have found it true in any type of line. Give space in the grocery store so people can move along the way while waiting in line and someone usually tries to take that space until you indicate the obvious, that we are all in this line. Look at how the cars drive, no space, because the reasoning is, if I give a car length someone will cut in. Happens all the time, I just politely inform the offender that the line begins behind the rest of us and they comply.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would have declined that invitation.

I wouldn't have said all that. I would have just smiled and told him to have a nice day. Nothing good can come from such petty arguments with the locals that are acting like that. They obviously have a chip on their shoulder and are looking to take it out on a foreigner. If they are ripping into you continue to be polite and let them look like the *sshole, it will benefit you if the dispute ever escalates into something more serious.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1