Dumaguete Info Search

Review I am kuripot now

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Dave_Hounddriver, May 17, 2017.

1. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Maybe i missed the post, but i didn't see anything here about "special ride," which i read about a few months ago. I think that is a "no other passengers, direct route" ??? In that case, you should double the fare, since he's loosing revenue by not pickup up more passengers ?????????

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Try quadruple the fare, more like it. One should pay for the empty seats that would otherwise be used. Special trip that is. Negotiable!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    Agreed, your's sounds more reasonable..

4. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    That is always what we locals do when the destination is a bit "off downtown". For example, you're willing to pay from P40 to P50, start with P40. The driver will often ask if you're willing to share the ride if there's a passenger along the route. I always say yes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I never tell the driver to not pick up other passengers nor do I ever ask for a special ride. That's the driver's problem. If you use the silent treatment that I mentioned earlier they will more than likely pick up other passengers.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I would say around 9 times out of 20 when catching a Tricycle across the City the Driver never picks up other passengers and we pay 20 pesos (for the 2 of us) and often give a 5 pesos tip... We always wait for an empty Tricycle and never get into one that is already carrying passengers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    That's probably a good idea. I know if I sit on the front seat of the trike it becomes very unstable. No trike driver has ever let me sit in that seat. If there are people in the cab seats I just hop on the back of the motorcycle, which is more comfortable for everyone. (Just have to be careful not to get your kneecaps shaved off by on-coming traffic...watch where you are going if you take that seat.)

• Agree Agree x 2