Dumaguete Info Search

I hate spiders

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Rye83, Sep 11, 2013.

1. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I'm just posting my reply to Brian here so I can't see that. My left thumb has always been ready to cover a poster's pic because I suspect that DaveL's seems to be one of those:facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Now I have found out that people such as Destin and Brian are arachnoPHILES, I can ask their opinion on something! Tonight, coincidentally JUST after reading the scary stuff on this thread, I was peeling the dry skin off some garlic bulbs and saw a living 'thing' on my hand ... I flicked it off and saw it was black, about 1.5 cm long and held its front legs up like scorpion pincers. I did not see any curling of the tail and so am thinking is it a 'scorpion spider' (if they exist) or a scorpion. I asked my Filipina wife to look at it and give her opinion but when she arrived the 'thing' had disappeared (where's a scorpion when you need it, huh?); having looked around nearby, I gave up and walked away ..... only (arachnophobes read no more!!!) to feel something on my back .... I brushed it off and it was that arachnid again (it must have jumped on me when I turned my back (not very sporting of it))! My wife then informed me that it was not poisonous ... and I think she was correct because at this point (0.47 am Friday) I am not dead (but will give regular updates over the next few years). I put the arachnid in a plastic container and ejected it from the house (I tend not to kill anything .... unless it kills me first, of course!!!) with the words "Get out and stay out". I think it heard me.

3. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
  4. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    In the Philippines, people say the cicadas are singing. In Japan, they say the cicadas are crying. When I met my bf, he says those are lies, they're just fighting over who's going to attack me first. I didn't understand why he was so angry when I said, don't be ridiculous, they're harmless until he asked me to take pics of him in Palawan--you know...that thing on his shoulders :cry: even though I was 10 meters away. I'm still trying to overcome the fear. Weird thing is I held the baby crocodile they have for a pic!

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I've seen a tarantula or two in my place in Valencia.

Those "scorpion spiders" (looks like a scorpion without the long tail) I see quite often in the house but those are usually extremely small, about the size of a black ant. I've seen much bigger ones in Afghanistan.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
  7. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Is this the one you are referring to mate?

[​IMG]
    https://www.quora.com/What-spider-is-this-Philippines

• Genius Genius x 1
  8. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    BTW: Asawa's can be VERY MEAN!

Not long back during rain here, I saw a 'Spider' scuttling across the floor straight for me! :jawdrop: Needless to say I did a tap dance and was prancing around as it seemed to be chasing me!! :eek: Wifey was pissing herself laughing at me... :o o: NO ONE TOLD ME that the Philippines has FRESH WATER CRABS! :grumpy:

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Yes, I think it is Brian. I dealt with it so quickly that I did not study it in detail, but it seems like the one. The link confirms it is not poisonous. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    "If in Doubt; Dispatch it with a Clout!" :punch: *HAA!!*