Dumaguete Info Search

I think it is a...

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by grandpainak, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I brought this up before, but in the UK when you deposit money in a bank it becomes the property of the bank! 300 years of Case Law has upheld this.

Btw, currently banks and governments seem to have the same level of optimism they had in 2008!

• Like Like x 1
  2. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

so, i had to look VPN up to see what it was and i want to pursue my investigation further. may i ask what VPN you use here in the phils. is it the same you use world wise?

3. hiddenuser

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

hello, have been following your thread and appreciate your frustrations. i had to look FMP up btw and hope i understand it better now. i have a dollar account here in the philippines and i deposit my american bank paper checks here in my philippine bank. after 22 working days the money is mine. do you want to open a dollar account here and deposit your check here and wait for it to clear? (it is easy to do and just takes an hour or so) that might be an answer if you can wait a month for the money. on the topic of banks using your money, i agree with the explanation that everyone uses your money if they can. its standard business practice! (called OPM--other peoples money) your protection in the US is the FDIC as banks are require to insure your account up to (now i think) 250,000 dollars so if something happens to the bank your money is safe up to that amount. the philippines has a similar protection however i believe the limit is around 10,000 US dollars

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I know how banking works.
    I have 2 financial corporations I do business with; BPI, hear and MVFCU in the US. The US. VA. and the US. SSI have been using direct deposit for about 30 or 35 years to my MVFUC savings account. If the us government can send my VA check SSI check by way of direct deposit. Why the heII can’t the same VA’s FMP reimbursement program do direct deposit as well. They sure as heII can’t use the excuse that they do not have my banking info after more that 30 years! Because the greedy bustards know as long as they can delay that reimbursement money from getting to you and keeping it in their account, the more intrust money they make. They are running a numbers game and they know it.:banghead:
    Almost forgot; The MVFCU has a remote deposit app for my phone. It dose NOT work if it is coming from a foreign country ISP.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  5. hiddenuser

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

ok, just trying to help!! but i guess my question still stands. open a dollar account at BPI and be done with it? the problem i mean. i understand the frustration and just recently spent all kinds of time trying to get my stimulus account in the bank as for some reason they sent a paper check to my accountant although like you everything i do in the US is electronic. it really can be frustrating i know!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Yes, VPN works anywhere on the Internet except China (mostly).

NordVPN
    https://nordvpn.com

You can also take a look at TransferWise for transferring money online.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    NordVPN is the one I have used for years. I've heard good things about ExpressVPN as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Milowood

Milowood DI Junior Member Veteran Army

Helicopter Pilot
    Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I have used Express VPN for several years, it is very good for US netflicks and many other sites that block overseas traffic. excellent customer service, if you find you are still blocked from a site the their messaging help is always available and they will work with you till the problem is resolved. Highly recommended, I have used a couple of others previously Express is the best by far.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    NORD runs it very close and is cheaper. Also has double VPN (sends you through another country to your final destination) and Onion (TOR) over VPN, if anyone has use for that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I gave you two 'winners' because of the amount of time you spent answering a question, even though it was not fully appreciated!

• Thanks Thanks x 1