Dumaguete Info Search

I think it is a...

Discussion in 'Banking - Investing - Finances' started by grandpainak, Jul 8, 2020.

1. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I use USAA and deposit any checks I receive in Kuwait or worldwide using my phone. I don't have to use a VPN, but it sounds like you could make use of one to alleviate your problem, as the Rye one stated. I have "StrongVPN" on my phone and it takes about 2 seconds to connect, then every destination computer in the world thinks I am in Dallas, Texas, or one of hundreds of other assignable source locations. Try to work through the frustration, which is INCREDIBLY UNDERSTANDABLE and COMPLETELY RIGHT on your part, and fix it with a VPN. More than happy to give any further advice that might help.

https://strongvpn.com/

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    We Have a dollar account at BPI and they are the ones that told us that they were not excepting foreign check.
    Wife and I will run it past the manager at BPI on Tue. just to see what will happen. If it is still a no go we will try Phil-Post one more time. I sure hope :poop: have changed sense the last attempt.
    Thanks to all for the help and understanding.

Jim :confused:

3. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

thanks jim, i will be interested to hear how that turns out. i will also go back to my bank monday as i need to write and deposit another personal check. i wll let you know how they handle it and what they say about US govt checks depositing to their dollar accounts, just fyi

4. hiddenuser

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

i think rye said he uses nord vpn. they presently have a special of 3.49 a month US dollars price for a two year agreement, billed one year at a time in advance. per internet search nord is always in the top five or ten but right now their two year contract is about half of what others are charging. i think i am going for it also and appreciate the insights and information found right here, on DUMAGUETE INFO

5. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I used Nord vpn for years and happy with it, the same subscription works both for computer and your phone

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. hiddenuser

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

ok jim, my last hurrah!! visited my bank this monday a m. asked them if i had a paper check issued to me by an agency of the US government, could i endorse it and deposit it to my dollar account. they said yes. so it appears that you have the option of opening a dollar account at RCBC and having your money in a month. hope your re run at BPI works! good luck

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I used Express and then NORD. Think I prefer NORD and it is much cheaper. It can be used on up to 6 different devices with one account. Good when you have an asawa like mine with about 5 devices (sometimes think I am in a NASA center!)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  8. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    I still have a USA Government check (pice of :poop: paper). Confronted the Bank Branch Manager (BPI) this morning and was told they would not take it. Something to do with the clearing house in Manila. She said that what I had was NOT a check, it is a US Treasury Note, "T-Note". That the problem lies with the US Treasury and their inability to post in a timely manor, (4 to 6 months). So I still have a $150.oo small pice of :poop: paper that the US Government calls a "reimbursement" for medical expenses, by FMP. No where on this pace of paper is it printed "Treasury Note". It is printed with "Check No". I have scanned it into this computer so I can print it out as many times as I need more :poop: paper. [​IMG] Just another way for the US Government to Fuk all US Veterans out of their entitlements. Sense my experience in the war in 1966 I have become ashamed to say I am an American.

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Have you tried using a VPN for your US credit union's online check deposit feature? This really is the easiest solution.

If you want I can give you my login and password for NordVPN. You can download the app on you phone and give it a try. Send a PM my way.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  10. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Sent

• Like Like x 1