Dumaguete Info Search

Passport Question ID for filipinas

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by Dave_Hounddriver, Apr 19, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    OK, ID for passport, she just came back from DFA and none of the recommended IDs in this thread work as PRIMARY ID. There is a list on the web site as to what primary IDs are acceptable and a driver's license is great, provided it is the plastic drivers license and the paper copy is NOT acceptable ID. Other government IDs like Unified Multi-Purpose ID are also great but she does not have one and it will take from 1 month to 6 months to get one. An expired college ID is also acceptable primary ID BUT you need to accompany with it with a TRO (some kind of transcript from the college). So she phones the college for the transcript and "no problem, we'll get on that in about a month". She is currently trying to speed that up.

So tomorrow we shall go and apply for her Unified Multi-Purpose ID and then we wait. Whichever comes first, the plastic driver's license, the TRO, or the Unified Multi-Purpose ID will be acceptable ID. And we wonder why people use corrupt methods to get things done here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My GF was able to get her passport with a school ID (ALS) and her NSO certificate. She went through the Bacolod office at the time and used a travel agency (Orient Winds). Probably doesn't do any bit of good for you though, it seems every DFA office has a different set of requirements.

Note: Her sister did it through the Cebu office and they had a completely different set of ID requirements....and she didn't use a travel agency. The sister ended up having to make 3 trips to Cebu to get her passport and it took several months longer than it did my gf going through the Bacolod office. (Any money saved by not using a travel agency was quickly lost on bus trips and hotel stays.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    I thought of using them but I guessed they would have the same requirements as the DFA, Do you suppose they may be able to 'facilitate' the matter?

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I'm not sure as I was not directly involved with it and my gf's experience was prior to the DFA being opened in Dumaguete. It's very possible that prices/procedures have changed. Might be best to stop in and ask them what they can do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    We went today also.

Primary ID = Student drivers license we got in less than an hour last week. Birth certificate, NBI, Police, Barangay, and Tax clearances. Was sent to Travel Agency by the food court to make a copy of everything, then was sent to Valencia to get a school form 137 (was sent from there to Valencia BIR to get the document stamp for p15, back to the school so they could put the stamp on and give us the form). Back to DFA, long wait for picture and make payment of p1,200. Receipt says come back May 5th to collect passport.

6. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    You have no idea how much that friggin sucks because she had the plastic student drivers id 2 months ago and we did not think that would be accepted so we waited for the actual license and then they had no stock of plastic cards so still waiting for that.
    EDIT: Whoa, hold on . . "get a school form 137" thats the TOR that she needs and they said to forget about the drivers license and bring in the form 137 (TOR = Transcript of Records) so now I'm wondering if you even needed the drivers license as you got the same run around as she got, Were you there with her or is your info second hand like mine?

7. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yup, I was there playing chauffeur. The 137 is listed as one of the secondary forms of ID options (you need 2). We had 3 - NBI, Police, and Barangay. The girl at the window insisted that the 137 was very important and had to be included. In the end we had student drivers license as primary, and 4 secondary IDs.

I almost did the exact same thing but figured what the heck let's try. Got lucky with that part.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And some people actually want to be a citizen of the Philippines....I guess so they too can enjoy this wonderfully efficient government.

• Funny Funny x 2