Dumaguete Info Search

“If you want to be critical go ahead, that never accomplices anything.”

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by simple mind, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Sorry, Pat. Your personal experience in living in those countries, as well as the US for a number of years, does not begin to compare with the knowledge one can gain by watching movies!

:wink:

Larry

2. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Sorry to disappoint all you US critics....

They do offer free medical services to low or no income folks and even to illegal immigrants.....these establishments are all over US, feel free to google "free health clinic" in a city near you to open your eyes and brain. They are open to the public. I've known people that use these service on a regular basis. I myself even used it years and years ago when I was living in Los Angeles....they're completely free.

Talk about a country that takes and takes.........The fact is, no other country in world is more generous giving out more freebies than the good ole' USA. All you critics especially those from the Philippines...The fact is, there's no other country in the world gave hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants legal residency status enjoy all the services and benefits as a citizen would and about to allow millions more a chance to apply for it. In the meantime, many local governments are also keeping a blind eye allowing illegal immigrants to work, giving them right to obtain driver's licenses, have access to free health service, and free education for their children. Heck I even know of several retired folks that immigrated to US (though legally) in their late 60's & never worked or paid a dime in SS taxes in their life that have been and continue receiving SS benefits ($$) adding up to tens of thousands of dollars each. Here's another fact, no other country in the world receive more residency application than US year in and year out, and certainly not the Philippines. It's amazing how some of living in the Philippines can complaint that US isn't generous place.

And to answer some DI members question on as to why many expats chose PI for retirement....let's face it....the two biggest reasons are women and booze----many feel they can't attract decent looking woman in their own country being one of the biggest reson.....and yeah, maybe the warm weather. Sure there are other reasons such as that they can't afford to live in the country they're from. But I'd say more so that they can't afford the lifestyle they wanted, not because they don't have enough to eat or place to live. Keep in mind that expats are not only coming from the US, but also from Aus and Europe. If you take a closer look, there's quite a large percentage from OZ....now NS, according to your rationale, what does that say about Australia?

3. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    timken has cut all ties with H/h, h/h was taken over by H/s, h/hotline is controlled and owned by h/s, and regional ond others were taken over by H/s, if those companys are still trading in those names who knows, you have been a busy boy seeing is my info is correct, well it is, i was afilated with H/h until the H/s and the H/hotline taker over:o

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    ... and don't dismiss the fount of all Filipina Knowledge.......... Facebook.

5. nice_sherwood

nice_sherwood DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

No sir but I have been told that what was shown in that movie is similar to how the poor Americans are treated in your country. Those that have no private healthcare insurance, those that have not served the army because you make it sound like the us military get good benefits and those that haven't served are getting screwed over and over again.

i don't base my knowledge by just watching movies, it is based from learning and the lessons I've learnt from my experience and other people's experience. To see it in my eyes and thus I believe it. But as usual, you love to assume how much you know about me :-)

6. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Well to Australians moving there you should go and ask yourself, the Muslims and illegal immigrants are starting to take over the country thus you see Australians moving there but most are tourist not as many retirees. How many Australians do you know that permanently live there compared to the Americans? And you'll find that any Australians u get to talk about their government will tell you how sick they are of the Julia Gillard government because its screwing the taxpayers. They're very honest about how they feel and they don't sugarcoat it like most of the people here who just can't handle the fact that America is just plain broke and will probably take many years to get back on its feet. That the mighty America everyone knew is now on the ground. Face it folks

7. nice_sherwood

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Its better than twitter broadside :-)

and where do you base your knowledge btw? Your comparing a 24 yr old to a 60 something year old. Experience wise you probably beat me but knowledge wise? Where do you get your knowledge from? Getting p*ss? Maybe the booze boost your brains and so gave you an idea of who and what I am or what we most all are. If you want to start being personal to someone and start degrading them, make sure you take the consequences.

Drinking all day and night long is not far worse than Facebook eh? The booze is eating too much of your brain that you keep assuming things. Lol

"ALL" Filipina did you say? So clearly I'm one of them.

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Considering that the population of the US is nearly 14 times that of Australia, we should have 14 Americans in the Philippines for every ONE Australian.

Seems to me to be MANY more Aussies here that that! This tells me that there is a much higher percentage of Aussies moving to the Phils than Americans.

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    What I assume to know about you I gain by your constant rants here, which does not project a very flattering picture.

Larry

10. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Yep, after the movie comment I think I'm done here. Since I'm from Texas I'm going to go load my six shooters, throw on my trench coat and stetson and saddle up my horse before heading to town. Because Hollywood can't be wrong about Texas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.