Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden IKEA...

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Chriscraft, Nov 20, 2020.

1. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    When it comes to flatpack self build furniture, Ikea have it spot on they are the very best at it, their instructions are clear and concise a picture guide for each step, the quality of fixings are the best I have handled. I have done a lot of flat pack in my time and mostly they are a hassle, my most recent experience a few years ago with 2 Wardrobes from Lea Plaza was a disaster I had to drill 20 holes in each of them that were not even marked even the Door hinges had no predetermined marks for the placement of them, have no fear of Ikea stuff even a self confessed Eejit like yourself haha, will manage fine.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I buy already assembled (on display) furniture here - but check it carefully first (generally they assemble it well as they have one or two guys doing it and they have sorted out all the issues by now). Did that for 2 wardrobes and guess I saved myself 2 years work! I would be VERY reluctant to buy any flat pack with drawers because the alignment of runners can be a nightmare if the pre-drilled holes are not correct or, worse still, you have to drill them yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I was recently at Mandaue Foam and a lot of their display items were complete garbage. So much so that I didn't even bother to be ask if it was normal. Just cancelled my decision to buy and walked out. (Not that there was anyone there to even ask or assist.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    A sales associate goes to an interview for a job at Ikea.
    The manager says, “Welcome! Come in and make a seat.”

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. OP
    OP
    Chriscraft

Chriscraft DI Member

Retired digital nomad
    Ratings:
    +77 / 15
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    I used to buy from Lee Plaza, Hypermart, Prince at Tanjay (wardrobes, chest-of-drawers, display cabinets) - having put together flat packs (including whole kitchens) I can tell if it's shite (some places even display shite pieces) - and these were very well constructed. I did buy a hopeless sofa and armchair set from a place you visited (without me naming them). Slightly off-topic but as a great fan of Bob Dylan (80 last Monday), 'To Ramona' is a favourite "I can see that your head has been twisted and fed with worthless foam from the mouth".

7. OP
    OP
    Chriscraft

Chriscraft DI Member

Retired digital nomad
    Ratings:
    +77 / 15
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    When one door closes another door opens. I'm never going to buy from IKEA again.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    I used ikea almost exclusively when I was still in Germany and never had an issue with assembly or the quality.

With the cheap labor here and the potential issues with ikea stuff due to heat and humidity, I would prefer custom made furniture from real wood here all the time. So far I’ve had a table and a cupboard made, both are around five years old now, never been in an airconditoned room and show no signs of breakdown.