Dumaguete Info Search

I'm looking for a Nutritionist in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rodneyemr, May 8, 2013.

1. Rodneyemr

Rodneyemr DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Does anybody know of a good nutritionist. I would like to send my employee(s) to one so they can learn the importance of a healthy diet. Bulad, rice and instant noodles just isn't the diet needed to stay healthy and productive.

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    That is a good idea. I've thought along the same lines, but do you really think they will eat better even with the knowledge about how to do so? This is one reason why some companies have their own cafeteria or take their employees out to lunch often - so they have only good choices to make!

3. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Possibly it would be better to have a bulk multi- vitamin buy? A benefit you give your employees that also benefits you as employer?

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think personal freedom is the key. If a person wants to eat McDonalds 3 times a day then that's their right. If they get to fat/sick to do their jobs its the right of the employer to fire them. Let people take responsibility for their own actions. I don't need an employer telling me what to do in my personal life. If they ask for help, then help, if they don't they likely don't want it and wont accept it.

5. OP
    OP
    Rodneyemr

Rodneyemr DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Education first, then they can make an educated personal choice about their eating habits. And no, I am not forcing anything. Some people care about what they eat and want to learn what is best for them.
    I am not trying to start a debate, just asking if there is a nutritionist in town.

6. ronnarosegomez

ronnarosegomez DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello

Hi. Im a regiatered nutritionist and dietitian from Silliman University.. I can help you about it. Please contact me at 09359248980 or you may email me at tonna_gom07@yahoo.com

7. ronnarosegomez

ronnarosegomez DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's wrong with PIG FAT AND RICE !!!!!!!:rolleyes:

9. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Nutrition and Exercize for Older People

Perhaps you might update the Silliman physician who told me to stop resistance exercising, as it was causing "soft tissue arthritis" in my muscles. I was getting pain with little gain, but RE was the only solution I knew to avoid turning into an shrunken stooped shuffling zombie like some poor older folks I see. That's called Sarcopenia.

The net promises that big pharma is working on solutions for the sick and elderly, developing steroids with only good effects called 'SARM's. Sorry, but I'm pushing 70 and can't wait. The last couple of years I found my muscles didn't respond to excersize like before and my balance was failing. Then earlier this year I fell on the sidewalk just walking to the post office.

What I was lacking was protein, and body builders are our friends for making it available. With one dose of whey protein isolate with excersise the pain was gone in a week, the balance problem gone in two. I've added creatine plus more proteins and now muscles I'd forgotten have come alive and are even bulging in places.

This really works for me, there are studies to prove it but no help from the pill pusher industry as I guess no profit for them. We older folks require perhaps twice as much pure protein and you won't get that from food. I only hope this helps someone here, you don't have to accept old age lying down.

Bodybuilding.com - How Bodybuilding Can Help You Prevent Sarcopenia!

Dietary protein recommendations and the prevention of sarcopenia

Skeletal muscle protein metabolism in the elderly: Interventions to counteract the 'anabolic resistance' of ageing

Treatment of Metabolic syndrome by combination of physical activity and diet needs an optimal protein intake: a randomized controlled trial

10. Gabrielle_K

Gabrielle_K DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +198 / 39
    Filipinos won't give up rice-they literally cringe at the thought. I've even tried to convince nurses who know how diabetes is rampant in PH to consider something other than rice, and it's the same reaction