Dumaguete Info Search

I'm looking for a Nutritionist in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rodneyemr, May 8, 2013.

1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I'm glad to hear of your success!

Where do you buy your creatine and whey protein in Dumaguete?

2. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    Protein in Duma?

I buy at allstarhealth.com delivered to pobox.ph to ship here in a balikbayan box. I'd hate to run out. In Duma I've only seen the kiosk at Robinsons with a very limited selection of supplements.

Have you had experiences with this, or anyone?

3. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Thanks for sharing that information.

I have not had experience with it is why I ask, but I know of someone in Cebu who was using both and he had dramatic results. He is a much younger guy who had problems keeping weight on and used both creatine and whey protein to achieve his results. His main problems, by his own admission, was that he was a vegetarian and not eating correctly. I saw his before and after pictures of just his face and you could easily see the results after just a month or so.

How much of each do you buy at a time? How much of each do you use daily?

4. redneck

redneck DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Not sure how much it costs you for the service through balikbayan box, but there are suppliers in Cebu and Manila that sell these supplements, I am sure they will ship here, but not sure about cost comparison to what you are already paying, just an FYI: creatine in Cebu for sale Philippines - brand new and 2nd hand

5. daanlungsod

daanlungsod DI Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +83 / 11
    We've been buying by balikbayan box for several years now to obtain treasures including vitamins and our favorite food & beverages. Savings on a few items can pay for the box so the rest ships free, the freedom of choice is liberating.

There's lots of marketing hype packed with many of these products. Readings on the subject suggested starting with products without added flavorings and additives to confuse the issue. I did look at sulit.com.ph but found no bargains, little choice and no assurance of freshness.

I started with a 10 lb bag of Now whey protein isolate, taking ~40 gram dose of protein with water or skim milk after twirling dumbbells and before an hour walk. The results were positive so I ordered creatine, pea protein for daytime and casein for evening. The pea protein was at first revolting but after a week taste no problem and digests well. The past few weeks I've upped it to 4 and then 5 times a day, 100 grams plus of added protein.

No one was more skeptical than my wife, "stop taking that." After seeing the results she now demands her dose of WPI before our morning hike.