Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: I'm proud of my self and you should be too

1. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,744 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sadly making a career in this country isn't all that easy, even when armed with a decent college degree.
    I don't know what the situation is in the Philippines with regard to the labour market in IT, but I would suggest sending a couple unsolicited applications to major companies might help.
    And yes those might require a willingness on the applicant's part to relocate.
    Another option would be to look at employment opportunities overseas. Preferably by approaching potential employers abroad yourself though, rather than going through an agency in the Philippines.
    If you are unsure how to word an application letter, look for resources online to learn about what works and what doesn't.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. God Bless Texas

God Bless Texas DI Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 17
    People spend their lives in denial! Never holding themselves accountable for thier situation or actions - always blaming others. If at 25 wharjack is already questioning himself and doing self reflection to be better then he can be an example of what other people should do - at any age!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Stefan_Negros

Stefan_Negros DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +452 / 12
    Not getting criminal is a good start. Sad, that this has to be mentioned.

Anyway, go ahead looking for a job and live your own life without being dependent.

Don't know whether you are in the Philippines or abroad. Working in Europe or US shouldn't be difficult. All companies are looking for workers.

Working in the Philippines might be a challenge especially if you have no skills and experience.

You need a good education. You will find it in each western country. Educate yourself, make some money, and in a few years you might be able to find a good start in the Philippines.

• Like Like x 2
  4. wharjack

wharjack DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you for your wonderful and uplifting words. I forgot to mention that while I'm still a college student, I do web development projects for other students as their thesis project. I usually charge P6,000 - P8,000 maximum. Before graduation, we were invited to TeleTech to take an exam. I passed the English Assessment exam and I received a text message that I needed to come back, but I didn't go because of fear like graveyard shift, insecurity, etc.

I graduated in 2018. Between the span of 4 years +, from 2018 to 2022 (till this day), I tried to do online jobs (unsteady jobs), but those jobs can't be counted in my resume. I was just wondering if I've wasted my time doing those jobs, but now I know it wasn't.

I agree on what you've said that people spend their lives in denial and blaming others. I've experienced it, and I think everyone experienced it in their lives at some time.

Those insecurities, failure, fear and sufferings in our life are really a blessing, and it's up to us how we perceive it and what to do about it.

Are you in PH looking for work? That would be difficult.
    Answer: Yes, I think most jobs were difficult because only few of them accepts inexperienced people.

What feild were your internships, and is there anything that prevents the mentors from helping you find employment?
    Answer: Information Technology field, but my internship isn't a big company, it's a two-man company, but I learned a lot, and I'm grateful to them. Nothing prevents them from helping me, but they didn't help me because I never asked them, and I think they trust our talent.

Anyway, thank you so much for replying and giving your time to reply to this thread. I greatly appreciate it. God bless you all wherever you are. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,181 / 233
    Any type of learning isn't wasted time, continue to believe in yourself, set your goals one step at a time.
    Take on employment, any employment to begin with, then look for advancement and opportunities along the way.
    You sound a positive person I'm sure you will make good.

• Agree Agree x 2