Dumaguete Info Search

Implementing Rules and Guidelines for Enhanced Quarantine

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by andiflip, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Just received my EQ pass in Balugo. Hand delivered by neighbour who knows someone in the local barangay office, or goodness knows when it would have arrived. Pass is blue colour coded as we are in Dumaguete. Next door neighbour is in Valencia (the boundary cuts through their property), so they have a non-colour coded pass and they believe that means they can go out any time....we'll see. I'm 62 and fully intend to 'test' the 60/65 ruling (just had that discussion with the neighbour delivering said pass, who thought it was 60+). Neighbour has now borrowed the pass to go to City and is coming back with McD.....good exchange (not for me as I hate the sh*te, but the kid loves it).

2. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Piapi apparently also ran out of passes. Info from the Barangay: "get a certification about place of living from the land lord and use that for the time being". I can live with that...

3. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    One thing that bothers me still - besides the checkpoints, do they by any chance check your pass at the entrance of the public markets / malls?

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Exactly why my stress levels have remained quite low during all this. The contradictions and mismanagement when I hear locals and foreigners complain about it all always make me smile...it is almost as if people thought the government was competent and capable of managing a country even in good times. :o o: I just politely remind complaining locals that they should remember all this when it comes time for elections.

I'm actually quite impressed, so far, with how things have been going despite the government's normal blatant and inexcusable shortcomings and negligence.

But then again, maybe this would explain my feelings on the current situation:
    IMG_20200403_152352.jpg
    I tried to collect all the pizza boxes and bottles from the start of this COVID-19 stuff just for laughs but I quickly ran out of room and was told by the SO that I had to get rid of it (the pizza boxes were already stacked 2+ meters high). This is just from the last week...or two? I'm not exactly sure what day it is. Time is flying by; any time someone mentions the day off the week I'm always surprised and my internal clock thinks it is at least 3 days prior to the current date.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Ditto - except no 2m stack of pizza boxes! Even as I read your post I had to check the day. It is Friday - where did Tue, Wed, Thurs go?

Am a great believer in accepting that people can do only what is possible in the circumstances - including what resources they have. For example, if you are stuck in a trailer then you think what is the best you can do for yourself and your family. In this situation I think the Philippines has done a fairly good job - we have to consider their lack of resources and (hate to say this but...) their complex bureaucracy when they lack the skills to implement it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  6. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 92
    call it a senior moment:
    i was thinking the EQ doesn't go into effect until monday, so i went into Duma from Sibulan this am to give getting some groceries one last try before the color pass thing takes effect.

i got on the Diversion rd about 8am and i was the only vehicle on the road until the turn off at Magatas where, to my surprise, there was a checkpoint. i was asked for ID, my EQ pass and destination; i told them Lee Plaza. no answer when i told them i thot the EQ didn't take effect until monday and i was released.

a tire disinfection station is set up just before Camanjac central and a checkpoint at the Camanjac intersection by the school. my temperature was taken and i was released.

i took Rovira all the way to Hibbard and then to Lee Plaza; still hardly any vehicles, even when crossing the hi-way, never seen anything like it. got to LP and only a couple of bikes in the bike parking area in front of Union Drug; no attendant. where is everyone? maybe i need to start listening to the radio.

parked and looked towards Robinsons and no line on the sidewalk, so i figured they were closed. went to LP and lines on the sidewalk but not all that long, maybe 50 people (amazing!). got let into LP at 9am and got my necessities; stocks are down considerably; no lines at check outs. looked at Rob's entrance when back on the rd and they we open but no lines.

went to Yan Yan and no lines at entrance or checkouts. wow!

stopped at the Daro market to get some red tomatoes, seniors can't get in, so i walked along the fence looking inside until i saw a vender with red tomatoes. i was about to holler at the vender when a (senior) vender saw me and asked what i wanted, got it for me, handed it over the fence and i was on my way.

i normally don't ride the hi-way between Sibulan and Duma but i thot i've give it a go since traffic was minimal.
    there was a checkpoint and tire wash before the airport, in the southbound lane: short line.. also, a bike was being hosed down at the checkpoint.

had a relaxing ride to Sibulan, for a change. passed the Sibulan public mkt; no lines.

no color code restrictions all the way, maybe they are waiting for more passes to get circulated.

ABSOLUTELY the best shopping trip i've taken to Duma in 9 years, hope yours is the same...

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. btd

btd DI Member

Ratings:
    +97 / 1
    I tend to lean toward the idea that such statements from him are sometimes not meant literally but as a means to get compliance. A controversial method for sure but perhaps ultimately rooted in pragmatism guided by the understanding that it may be the most useful means to encourage obedience in a society notorious for bending or ignoring the rules. Duterte understands the mind of the Filipino.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    As I said in another posting, remember the airport bullet scam? No killing but Duterte's words were enough! And I can imagine what he said!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Notmyrealname

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    This is great for a YouTube blog - and then (you may not get this reference as so much is posted here these days) you can join @Rye83 on 'Love Island'.

10. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Depending on how long you already live in Dumaguete city or one of the bordering municipalities and have enough knowledge of side, back and rough roads to avoid the checkpoints, still easy to get downtown by using it, unless they frequently change the spots.

• Agree Agree x 2