Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Import market for Expats

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Bdawg, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sorry I misread your Post, I assumed you were talking about Balikbayan Box.

When I sent a Story Book to my Daughter from Oz (Cost; $20 - Postage Cost; $25) they sent it back to me because it had a small hearing aide battery inside the book to push and get voice messages being it was interactive, I did not realise the Book was electronic. I contacted Australia Post and they told me I would have to pay to send again after removing the battery (WHY they could not do that is beyond me!) and the following week the Manager of the local branch asked me if she had received the gift I had bought from within their outlet, when I explained what had happened, she asked me to bring the book back in minus the battery and she resent it on the original Postage costing.

If they refused to send to your Daughter, then the item should have been sent back to you. If you receive/d it then remove the Battery and attempt to resend it to her.

It is strange because that (the Story Book) was the FIRST item I had ever had rejected before by AusPost, and before that I had posted items such as Cell Phones, a Tablet, rechargable batteries etc, and posted to my Wife, but with those items I bought a roll of Alfoil (Aluminum foil) and wrapped the items in many layers of foil before wrapping in paper and scotch tape with more layers of alfoil, I filled in the declaration that the Battery had been removed (BOLA! lol) ALL arrived to my Wife here in the Philippines, only the Story Book with the small battery was refused. So *maybe* I was successful in wrapping the batteries with the alfoil sheets to *maybe* avoid their scanners...

• Like Like x 1
  2. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sorry, I should have started my post with: Speaking of Customs,...".
    It was eleven days before my graddaughter's birthday, I was in a hurry hence the EMS. I have sent exactly the same stuff last year via sea+air in a Balikbayan box without a problem. The only difference was that this time they were in their original store package. Japan hasn't emailed me about the problem. I wished they took that one item out and sent the rest. Anyway, lessons learned.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1