Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Inquiring Minds Want to Know

1. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    I realize the dangers of generalizations, but my experience does lead me to consider that maybe Filipinos are missing the queue forming gene. Whether at the market, or especially on the road, there seems to be an overwhelming need to "bypass the queue and get to the front of the line at all costs" with disregard for civility and etiquette. For awhile this bothered me, but now that I accept that it is a thing, I find that letting it be entertaining to sit back and observe the manifestation is a more adaptive response. Of course, I'm only being partially serious and mostly hyperbolic.

• Like Like x 5
    • Genius Genius x 1
  2. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    In my opinion the average Filipino is way too disciplined and obeying to rules when they have to fear consequences for not doing so. On the other hand, when they can be sure there will be no sanctions, all discipline goes overboard.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I asked the wife last night to give me an honest reply. I asked her if she thought that for the most part the Filipino was a disciplined person. She said no.

What this ECQ is trying to do, and why it has so many problems, is that they are trying to discipline a people that have grown up their entire lives without it and many thinking that the rules are for others, not me.

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    There's a lot of generalisation going on here.

• Agree Agree x 4