Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Best Posts in Thread: Internet: Google Captcha Problems?

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    This has happened to me with globe and PLDT as well. It is not limited to any one ISP...they are all sh;t. Get a VPN to resolve the issue. Costs money but it is the only thing that ever resolved the issue for me. If it doesn't work cancel your free trial.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Dutchjob

Dutchjob DI Member

Fulltime Gago, part time manager
    Ratings:
    +227 / 39
    Try opera browser if you are not willing to pay for a descent VPN service. Opera got a good vpn build in their browser and works surprisingly good!! This will end this Capcha BS because you dont share your public IP with 100.000 other pinoy.

Personally i use IpVanish VPN, for me by far the best VPN solution and in combination with Fibr 50/50 gives me mostly a workable solution. Strange is, one day i connect to IpVanish servers in Singapore. The other day i work via Manila or Hong Kong. This needs some trial and error to see what works best what day.

But this way i get a ping to europe under 230ms and like 10 to 20mbps bandwith to Amsterdam!

Without VPN this is more like 350ms and 1 ~2 Mbps....

This is my speedtest to amsterdam at rushhour 18:36

[​IMG]

And speedtest to the same speedtest server in Amsterdam same time without VPN. Since my server is on this same ISP in Amsterdam you can see the remarkable difference for me. Not even explaining the improvement on VOIP calling using the VPN. But thats off course not important for most...

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Advertising...it's advertising. Praise be to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    @Brian Oinks
    Avoid anything "free" related to VPNs. They are crap and are used by scammers and spammers and those IP addresses are on more watch/spam lists than any Filipino IP address would be. It would be completely pointless and a waste of time to even try.

I use Nord VPN. It works great for me and is on the cheaper side. Avoid HMA (HideMyAss), they are in the UK and have to log your traffic by law (and don't work with Netflix, Hulu or Prime). Also, a good VPN will not slow down your internet speeds by any noticable amount.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    VPNs are generally a paid service, not something in your settings.

You can try a free proxy but they are normally not very good. Vpn is the way to go if you are having issues with things loading from a Philippine IP address. (It likely isn't Google's or Facebook's fault. The blame lies with all the spammer and scammers you share an IP address with and your ISP.)

• Agree Agree x 2