Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Internet in Negros Oriental between Dumaguete and Zamboanguita?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Brian Oinks, Nov 15, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks mate will do as I no longer am able to understand the technical side of Mobile Phones and with how far they have come, I do Computer setups for friends and Family but that is straightforward installing Windows, installing the Drivers, adding necessary Software for what they would like to do and handing it over to them, Networking etc I end up in a World of White Noise and zone out, hence why I have no wish to buy any of these Smart TV's or Cloud things that link everything together, or else I can bet on it they would end up growing wings and would land in the flamin' river! :mad:

*Edit:
    Do those USB Sticks come with the connection to screw an Antenna onto them to gain a better signal? I know the Pocket WiFi Modems do not have the connection to boost the signal...

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    No idea.

3. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    the usb stick works same as your mobile phone, if you have good service for you phone in an area you will have good (for here)
    internet...i have globe stick and servvice here (near airport) is good at times crap at others...something you have to live with here i think...
    it is a little on the expensive side for what you get...im using a promo P999 for 30 days, supposed to be unlimited, but they slow you down
    to dialup speed if you go above around 500 mb for the day, then it resets at midnight...
    at times i can watch nine news without a break.....other times i want to smash the puter :smile::smile::smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I do not mind paying higher for better Internet Service, I pay just over 4,000 pesos per month here for Internet and would pay the same there if I am guaranteed a reliable service with a good data plan. Problem being Malatapay/Maluay area seems to be a bit of a black spot as far as signal goes and I am not sure how I could get around this? I am positive that the local Resorts surely have a reliable Internet service for their Guests, maybe I need to speak to a few and try and work out who they use? :confused:

• Like Like x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  5. Rickster

Rickster DI New Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Contact, Ramon who works with Bayantel, they are the ones putting the radios on the masks in the Malatapay area. We are using his services and mostly happy with the results but it is expensive unless you have someone to share in the cost of the mask and the monthly internet fee. His phone number is 09177016985.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks Rick I'll try to get onto him at the end of the month after I receive my next Payment in the Bank... I have emailed/ messaged a few other leads also but have heard nothing back at all

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    If you want something done you really have to follow up on phone calls and give friendly "reminders". Most really could care less about gaining another customer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have heard that Globe are supposedly installing a Tower in the Malatapay Markets area in the near future, but asking at Globe Robinson's, they say they know nothing of it, has anyone else heard anything to support the local gossip? I am HOPING something happens soon as this is driving me nuts without Internet at home :/

9. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Globe have some sort of office at foundation uni as we had the field officer here one day for an ongoing issue,maybe you can ask there!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Is it like the Storefront they have at Robinson's DavyL200?
    Or a more specific 'Head type Office'?
    I was met with many blank looks when I inquired at Robinson's :/
    Where is Foundation Uni may I ask?
    Thanks