Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Internet in Negros Oriental between Dumaguete and Zamboanguita?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Brian Oinks, Nov 15, 2014.

1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    It not a store type place as far as I know,I will ask the guys who are contractors for globe who come here if they have contact no and pm you.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    G'Day, well I have tried Smart and Globe with no luck, tried Bayantel, same story, tried finding an ISP that sounds like Guavatel but cannot find anything on them! :arghh:(

It seems Malatapay is a forgotten zone as there are providers either side, go figure? (Getting VERY VERY FRUSTRATED!!!) :banghead:

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I finally gave up on Smart LTE because of their ridiculous capping limits and signed up to Sky 3mb unlimited connection. So far it ranges from 1.8 to slightly over 3mbps and very stable. I'm a happy camper....

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thank you have just applied to Sky *Fingers Crossed* :biggrin:

I also found Guavatel but there is a LOT of bad feedback on their page so looks like they are the norm here also :grumpy:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +996 / 82
    We have SKY in pulantubig near the airport. it's CABLE. It seems like we have qualfone hooked up because sometimes it takes all night to download a medium sized upgrade, and some sites, like skype.com just simply will not load, but grinds to a halt after 30 sec of trying to lad. i do miss that part of the states, real internet. Before we left california a friend said the PH is the worst internet in Asia, i'm beginning to believe him..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    hi brian..
    hey, we're in the bush also and we bought an antenna and a sim card modem and we're cookin' as well as a person in our situation can cook in these parts.

i'd think you could connect to a globe tower in zambo or dauin with an antenna. i can go into more detail about our situation if you want.

7. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I miss my 20MBPS connection with 500GB Limit I had in Oz! :bawling:

But I miss being able to just say Hi to my kids or wish them a Happy Birthday as Smart and Globe would get ran over by the Snails in the Maluay/ Malatapay area!

Rumour is Globe are suppose to be installing a Tower but ask Globe at Robinsons and blank expressions are the GO... :clown:

Got an email from a Guy this morning who told me that Bayantel have been bought out by Globe and Globe are refusing re-sellers to connect new customers and old customers will soon lose their connections, so that is a Fizzer... Apparently Fil-Products go to the Bridge in Malatapay but are asking the guy for 90K to extend the cable and a further 5k a month for their 2MBPS connection...

I have tried contacting SKY and Guavatel without success, it seems to be a hopeless HOPELESS situation and I refuse to move to the City from the quiet barangay I now live in so looks like if I wait another century or two things may (M.A.Y.) improve but I am not holding my Breath :banghead:

G'Day Mate, problem is; to the North and South of Malatapay (which holds the LARGEST Market in Negros I believe so I would have thought that they NEED basic services) they have Internet, Cable TV and Running Water, where-as Maluay/ Malatapay seems to be blacklisted for some reason? We do not share even what they have up in the mountains behind Siaton... Go figure? Maybe they voted in the wrong Mayor... :inpain:

8. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    To add to that Kelpguy, I bought a Smart Pocket Wifi gadget (almost 2000PHP) as well as an extra Battery (2000PHP + P&H from the USA) and thought it would work in Maluay... But FooRRrrrrget it! IF it connects to the Internet it continually times out before it even looks like loading a Page!!!! So it will be going up For Sale very soon... Want to buy it? :biggrin: hehe

9. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    brian... i'm no exspurt but my 3G modem is also a hotspot but it NEEDS an antenna for a good connection. i'm about 10k from duma (in the coconuts) and have the (directional) antenna pointed at duma and i have a good connection most days depending on traffic. it's normally more than 1mb after midnite and starts slowing down around 5 am tho some days it stays at 1mb an... some days it's useless. i'd drag the thing to your place to try if it wasn't on a 40ft mast but it should work for you as long as you can mount it above the trees, ideally, in a clear direct line of sight to the closest globe or smart tower. an omni directional might work for you too depending on your location, then the trees wouldn't be as much of an issue.

you can read more about it on these threads;
    Siquijor - SmartBro Sucks on Siquijor

what's going on? (Smart Communications)

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hi Kelpguy,
    SMART have little (1%) to no (99%) coverage in Malatapay and Globe do not have a Tower so no Service, and to rub salt into the wound; they bought out Bayantel and are slowly disconnecting Customers with no new Customers being taken.

I am waiting to go and speak to Fil-Products as Sky and the rest have either not replied or bombed out on me. Looks like Fil-Products are my last only hope... Welcome to the Philippines.... :banghead: