Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Internet in Negros Oriental between Dumaguete and Zamboanguita?

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Brian Oinks, Nov 15, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Well after a week of Home Internet and Cable TV I can say that I am MORE THAN HAPPY with Fil-Products! :happy:

With the exceptance of the usual annoying Electrical Blackouts in Maluay/Malatapay we have experienced only one Internet drop out (20-30mins) in the week and downloading has been a breeze! So far 100+GB's and counting so one VERY HAPPY PIGSTA!! :biggrin:

Apparently they are now at Dauin (from Zamboanguita) so if you are along the Highway I really think it is worth a look into... For around 2600PHP per month for TV & Internet (TV only 410 PHP) (6Mbps which registers at between 1/2Mbps on SpeedTest) Torrent Downloads come down with ease.

I did enquire about the Fibre-Optic and was told by the Installers I wouldbe looking around 60,000 PHP to connect and around 30,000 PHP per month to subscribe, the Copper Cable connection works just fine THAAAANK YOU!! :whistling:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    In Zurich (Switzerland) can you get fibre for about 38,000 php per year and you will get a 1.5 Gbit/sec connection. 30k php per month in the Philippines is a rip off.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    In the Philippines they would probably give you a 100GB monthly data limit on a 1Gb/s connection....giving you some 800 seconds of full speed use per month. :laugh:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    And for that amount to have to pay 30,000 php per month? Looks even worse. For that amount they should give unlimited download capacity.
    I do not think that you will get 1 Gb/s on the Philippines with fibre. You can be lucky if you get 250 mb/s.

5. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    A Resort Owner told me he has to pay 90,000 PHP to connect, (I was told by the Installers that is for the Fibre-Optic connection) I honestly cannot see justification in such high costs to supply (considering the monthly fees) internet to tourist customers... Surely it will be an at-loss service... :blackeye:

But due to the poor/pathetic support by Globe who bought out the only reliable existing local Internet supplier; Bayantel, and who are now disconnecting existing customers without supplying a reliable Globe connection to locals here in Malatapay/Maluay, one has to wonder at their logic... :o o:

Smart (not so) are also poor/pathetic in local support with a service that mostly see Phone calls a waste of time and even to send a text can take several frustrating minutes waiting for a signal to try and and send... :banghead:

In Australia I had a 20Mbps connection but was limited to a 500GB download limit which I normally chewed through in a week or two meaning being throttled to a 256Kbps connection for the remainder of the month, I am HAPPY that Fil-Products has a "Sky is the Limit" limit, albeit a tad slower than my old connection, I am VERY HAPPY to be able to watch Cable TV as well as download/surf the net faster than any of the Internet Cafes I have tried in Dumaguete (88 Street being the fastest) over the past two plus years :biggrin:

I know we live in a Third World Country, but I had honestly given up hope of ever being able to connect back to the internet here, very frustrating considering that locally; to the North, South and West of Malatapay area, all have good reliable connection to Mobile and Internet services (including running water which we still do not have) makes you wonder who the Mayor is actually serving? :grumpy: I think he (the local Mayor) needs to follow the examples of the other Mayors, even from the Mountains who have provided services to the local that we here in Malatapay do not have...