Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Best Posts in Thread: Internet revisited

1. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I worked on line here for a few years and I used two ISP's and a dual wan router. (not a load balancer) It allows you to have up to 4 providers and it is set up to pick the best speed out of the providers dynamically. It switches instantaneously, from the slower or offline to the faster of the two or how ever many providers you have. With two providers and a battery backup, I was never offline and always had a speedy connection.

• Informative Informative x 7
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I live in Valencia and have Filproducts. Rarely have issues and any time I do they get resolved on their own quickly. Never had to call customer service so no idea about that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The vans may be doing installs or general maintenance.

As for the speed, here are my last 30+ days:
    Screenshot_20201123-154241.png Screenshot_20201123-154341.png

I pay for the P1600 plan, can't remember how many mbps that is supposed to be. I stream in HD with no issue.

There are 4 ports for wired connection.

I don't know about the admin password, never had a need for it. I don't even use their UI for my home WiFi. I highly doubt they would give you root/admin access though. What do you need that level of access for?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Edward K

Edward K DI Senior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +995 / 82
    As i posted here before (or another thread), when we have a prob with our PLDT Fibr 2899 plan, we call the 171 number (on smart), wait usually less than 20 min or so, talk to a tech, and after all the rebooting and stuff, always make sure they do a "reconfigure," which is tagalog for "deep reboot," or something <grin>. 95% of the time that keeps us in good shape for at least 3 months...
    One prob with PLDT is the techs never know when there is a negros / dumaguete-wide problem, which is the problem most of the time. I try to wait at least 24 hours, cuz before that is when the wait is so long...

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    Reckon it might help some to explain my recent issue with PLDT. Am on 300mbps plan PHP2699. Not cheap, but a good headline speed. A month ago the download speed went down to 10-12mbps and stayed around that speed for a few days. I went onto PLDT Cares fb and sent a message of complaint. That was a hopeless and pointless exercise, as they did nothing, despite several exchanges of messages, repair tickets being opened and closed again without explanation, and just generally going around in circles. After about 10 days, PLDT Cares advised me to go to PLDT Home fb and start a live chat. After waiting over an hour in the queue to chat (I was No.44), I got an actual technician. He talked me through all the usual stuff, like reset the router etc and some other things and he got it to around 36mbps. He asked me to turn off the router again while he ran more tests and when restarted it went up to 180mbps. Obviously I was quite happy with that, having had several days of snail pace, but he said he would open a new repair ticket as I was not getting the 80% of my plan speed that I should get at as a minimum. Next day the speed shot up to 500mbps and has hovered around 500-600 since (now around a week).

So, the main point is, if your PLDT service speed is sub-standard, go to PLDT Home fb and start a chat. You may well have to wait, but it could be worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    TopTechnologies and IT Solutions® - Wi-Fi Technology Dumaguete City 6200 top_technologies@yahoo.com Mobile No.09174870027

Satellite dish but I think based on PLDT.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0
    I have had two Fil Products Fiber connections at different locations in Valencia and they have been very good. A few dropouts and some network issues that often are across most internet users as they use the PLDT fiber backbone so if PLDT are having major issues Fil Products does also. But value for money and consistency they have been great. I had a 50Mbps with Cable for 1999 and now have a business plan 30Mbps no cable for 1299. Speeds normally match what I pay for.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31

As an add-on to this, I went to Robinson PLDT shop and filled out a 'Bill Adjustment' form as I had heard there is some chance of getting some cash back for poor or lost service. I got an email informing me of P360 off the next bill. Not a fortune, but worth having for 20 minutes of waiting at the shop and to show that it can be done. Anyone with total loss of service should get a bigger % deduction, but would need some proof of lost service period, like chat reports or messages.

9. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,376 / 1,261
    When I got FilProducts the lock in period was two years.
    Their cable TV is okay. Their internet has been very good. Customer service is good. Any time there has been poor performance it seems the other networks are also having problems so my guess is they problems are not from FilProducts.
    I'm at a loss to say anything good about PLDT or Globe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Very recently read a review (can't find it now to show source) which explained how some VPNs can even increase speed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1