Dumaguete Info Search

Utilities & Mobile Internet revisited

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by foobar, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31
    Reckon it might help some to explain my recent issue with PLDT. Am on 300mbps plan PHP2699. Not cheap, but a good headline speed. A month ago the download speed went down to 10-12mbps and stayed around that speed for a few days. I went onto PLDT Cares fb and sent a message of complaint. That was a hopeless and pointless exercise, as they did nothing, despite several exchanges of messages, repair tickets being opened and closed again without explanation, and just generally going around in circles. After about 10 days, PLDT Cares advised me to go to PLDT Home fb and start a live chat. After waiting over an hour in the queue to chat (I was No.44), I got an actual technician. He talked me through all the usual stuff, like reset the router etc and some other things and he got it to around 36mbps. He asked me to turn off the router again while he ran more tests and when restarted it went up to 180mbps. Obviously I was quite happy with that, having had several days of snail pace, but he said he would open a new repair ticket as I was not getting the 80% of my plan speed that I should get at as a minimum. Next day the speed shot up to 500mbps and has hovered around 500-600 since (now around a week).

So, the main point is, if your PLDT service speed is sub-standard, go to PLDT Home fb and start a chat. You may well have to wait, but it could be worth it.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My filproducts here in Valencia has been down for several hours now. Curious if anyone else is having problems with their ISP.

3. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 333
    The PLDT speed we pay for is 30mbps but over the last 10 days we have only had 30 or more for 4 days, last night was 5mbps and this morning it's 15 some days it's been less than 1 :banghead:

4. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Valencia Fil Products this morning and last night running well.

View attachment upload_2022-8-24_8-59-7.png

Attached Files:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Must have just been my area. It came back on sometime earlier this afternoon.

6. Mike_Haddon

Mike_Haddon DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +305 / 31

As an add-on to this, I went to Robinson PLDT shop and filled out a 'Bill Adjustment' form as I had heard there is some chance of getting some cash back for poor or lost service. I got an email informing me of P360 off the next bill. Not a fortune, but worth having for 20 minutes of waiting at the shop and to show that it can be done. Anyone with total loss of service should get a bigger % deduction, but would need some proof of lost service period, like chat reports or messages.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    Hey there,, so what are the current fibre options up there in Valencia? are there any that dont drop out all the time , just reliable stable connections?

cheers!

8. JWBobbit

JWBobbit DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    I have had two Fil Products Fiber connections at different locations in Valencia and they have been very good. A few dropouts and some network issues that often are across most internet users as they use the PLDT fiber backbone so if PLDT are having major issues Fil Products does also. But value for money and consistency they have been great. I had a 50Mbps with Cable for 1999 and now have a business plan 30Mbps no cable for 1299. Speeds normally match what I pay for.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. alesypalsy

alesypalsy DI Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 5
    Thank you for reply,, could you please elaborate who this business plan is with and how one goes about getting it? is this Fil products? what do you need to get it ? ID some kind of business permit? 1299 seems fair for 30mbs, thats enough t watch 4k streaming
    thanks in advance!

10. Dutchie

Dutchie DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,743 / 123
    Blood Type:
    A+
    "up there in Valencia" is a bit too generic, I think that in downtown Valencia and some of the adjoining barangays you can get fiber installed to your house (beware of the "sorry Sir, no more slots available in your area" though), but in the hills/mountain barangays further from downtown you better double check any information about availability with the provider.