Dumaguete Info Search

Inventory of foreign nationals

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by grandpainak, Sep 7, 2013.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Actually it is more like an ingredients list complete with MSDS. Lots of sensitive information I would not want sitting in the local police station.

I think the word you were looking for was commodity.

Now, aren't ya glad I'm here to translate all your posts?

:wink:

Larry

2. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The Apolong barangay secretary dropped off a detailed information request sheet for foreign nationals. It does not cite any law or statute nor does it have the name or office of the requesting agency. Not happening.

Scott

3. flxibl2006

flxibl2006 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    View attachment 9581 This was given to my wife by the barangay secretary. She told my wife the police department wanted it.

Attached Files:

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A Google search shows only one match to an inventory of foreign nationals, and that's this thread. Any information they need about me can be found at the immigration office. My girlfriend said the girls said something about a foreigner tax and that's why they needed the information but I'm quite certain she misheard them.

Is this only going on in Valencia or are you guys down I am Dumaguete getting this too?

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Ah, I didn't realize there were two threads, maybe they could be merged by a mod?

6. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Has anyone reported this to NBI or other? It clearly seems like an inappropriate inventory, for what purpose one can only speculate.
    Ask the question; Why would a police need to know a victims/perpetrators nationality to carry out law enforcement?

7. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Havn't heard of this happening in the Bantayan/Piapi/Daro areas yet. If or when it does, mine will be returned blank to the Barangay office.

8. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    To figure out which foreigner comes from a country that pays ransom for kidnapping? I see this to be very suspicious and very dangerous for this information to be sitting around in some barangay captain's office. But then again, what was the road to hell paved with?

9. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I didn't ask what they *could* use it for, but what they *need* it for to carry out their job. It's quite irrelevant to know from what country and emigrant comes. They should take the same actions regardless.

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I gave one possible scenario as to why a person could want/need it. It seems quite obvious in places such as mindanao that the police are in on some of the kidnappings and take a cut of the ransom. It would not be too far fetched to think that a politician/police officer here would want in on that action. I like to hope the the best but prepare for the worst. Humans are disgusting creatures, best to always keep that in the back of your mind.

In case of kidnappings it is essential to know what country a person comes from as the embassy needs to be contacted immediately. But as you mentioned, this should not be the concern of a barangay captain or police station, they should only be concerned with collecting evidence and finding the criminals.