Dumaguete Info Search

Inventory of foreign nationals

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by grandpainak, Sep 7, 2013.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    If you have a better theory why Bacong and Valencia are getting these (allegedly ordered from Cebu) and nobody else is reporting the same, I (and probably some others) would love to hear it. I would like to think you are right, but I can come up with no other theory.

Larry

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Larry, I have no idea what is going on or why the inventory. However, I am not going to jump to a conspiracy theory to butt hump the foreigners. Still, it is interesting to hear the concerns of our mates and I wonder if we will ever hear the complete story.

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Pat, regardless of the reason, if the Cebu police are distributing this form in a specific area, and nowhere else, which appears to be the case, would you not consider that "targeting".

They are not reporting getting them in Dumaguete, Sibulan, Dauin, or even anywhere in Cebu recently. (There is also a thread about this on a Cebu forum), ONLY Valencia and Bacong. Seems pretty obvious to me they ARE targeting, for whatever reason...

I agree it is doubtful we will ever know for sure.

Larry

4. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    are thinking it is about the 8 year old girl? hemmmm don't think so if that were it they would be targeting around Banilad and Bajumpandan

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Spoke to a friend of mine this am to try and clarify this matter, he said the origional order came from camp crame and the. To Cebu pnp. The order is for all barangays to get all foreigners to fill out their details,I asked why only Valencia and bacong targeted,he did not know but as he mentioned eventually they will all get done, also the survey will come around on a regular basis!
    The reason I was told was after certain incidents of late with foreigners getting robbed and some also getting into trouble,they needed some way of knowing where everyone is.
    Take this info for what it is worth, it was what I was told!

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Thanks Dave, but to Larry's point, not sure if we (in Bacong and Valencia) are being "targeted" or if they are looking for a "target." I read the reasons your friends gave you as a statement saying there are some good guys and some bad guys so let's find out where they are. It is hard to accept that simple explanation. One would think they would focus only on the bad guys but it looks like they want to focus on the total foreigner population and take it from there. I hope we learn more on this.

7. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Pat,the local guys were pretty laid back about it when I spoke to them this am, I will meet the new chief this pm sometime also and see what he will say.