Dumaguete Info Search

Best Posts in Thread: Is Cittadini School Closing

1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,222 / 1,090
    It would appear that the VP ( Durte) now secretary of DepEd has been asked to intervene as much Money has been paid over to the school with little notice given for the closure YET have been accepting enrolments :hmmm: The PTA and staff are demanding action and quite rightly so :bag:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Pompolino

Pompolino DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +404 / 53
    Yes, I have a (just finished Year 6) student there and have been extremely happy with the school always but in particular during the pandemic where their approach was fantastic. A few months ago they had a parent meeting annoucing that the nuns were departing after the forthcoming year but were in negotiation with the owner of a school in Bohol. Given that our daughter was about to start junior high we immediatedly enrolled her in Don Bosco after having visited a few campuses and found the information provided more aligned with our education beliefs and aspirations.

Friends who had re-enrolled their kids for the forthcoming year received a letter advising that the school was unfortunately closing and yesterday or today a notice was on the outside gates advising who to contact for reimbursement of the deposit.

It is very sad, this has been a fantastic school for my daughter. She received an excellent education and even moreso a wonderful example of how to conduct herself in her formative years. I know you are happy at DB and we hope likewise to be impressed. She attended summer dance school and has already made a bunch of friends at DB which will make her introduction easier.

• Informative Informative x 4
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2023
  3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,583 / 1,017
    My boy is going into the 6th grade (9th year at Don Bosco including preschool) and have been extremely pleased with his education and discipline.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1