Dumaguete Info Search

Is it legal to smoke cigarettes in Damaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by chappo, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Just 5? I think all of the police force is required to enforce but as mentioned above, it is only enforced if you are under the same shade as them. Seems like they are trying to stick to the law though. The only hope to get rid of it is if a cop accidentally writes a ticket to a prominent politician or business owner in Dumaguete or someone important passing through.

Dumaguete needs Pnoy to make a trip here, being the heavy smoker he is.

2. jon

jon DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what happens if you smoke? do the police fine you? there's your answer... In Colon Cebu they now have a littering ordinance, funny how only Foreigners get pinched.

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    The Dumaguete Observer
    October 2, 2012

Effective immediately, foreigners who arrogantly ignore the NO SMOKING LAW will be brought to the station house and
    will be subjected to the Singapore-style caning. First offense 5 whips, second offense 10 whips, third offsense cane insertion.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I just saw today two real cute female enforcer. I would whip them any time of the day, as R is member here I need to say that I would have to stop after a bit whippin'

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    That female cop chick told me she will nail Broadside, he was apparently flirting with her while smoking during the mayor's lunch at CB. She said she will skip the two canings for him and go right for the attention getter!

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    As long she doesn't nail him while I whip her ... being whipped and nailed, sounds like a story I heard before, wouldn't that somehow lead to a kind of world-wide worshiping cult in the next 2000 years ? probably faster if expatron takes a picture of it tomorrow at CB and uploads it onto facebook...

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think someone posted a newspaper article here saying 300 or so people had been hit up on warning while 30 of them were foreigners. Seems that's about right for the population break down here. The further away from the boulevard and Robinsons you get the safer it it to smoke in public.

8. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Nice beer with my wife and monster, Broadside and the nice lady you know, but no cop's, so we snuck a cig without getting caught.

9. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    .......... and no sign of any female cop threatening to give us a spanking, which was a bit of a disappointment. :p

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    guess where they were and why my boss was with you guys ...