Dumaguete Info Search

Passport Question Is it required to renew British Passport while in Philippines on permanent 13a?

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by ampalaya, Nov 11, 2017.

1. ampalaya

ampalaya DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 2
    If a British citizen is living in Philippines on permanent 13a visa, and has no plans to travel abroad, can he live in Philippines on expired British passport?

Does Bureau of Immigration in Philippines ask for a valid British passport for ACR renewals after 5 years, and also for yearly reporting? What if the passport is expired?

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Yes it is required to have a valid passport. If youre passport is expired it is also not possible to do your annual report for the 13a every yr.
    All uk passports can be renewed via an online application and all documents must be sent also to liverpool. It usually only takes a couple of weeks for a renewal.

3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    While we are on the subject 13a probation. My name is up on the list for 13a I went last month to (implement) my passport they said it's not been approved yet come again November but phone us first.
    Phoned them up yesterday 10th November, they said you must come down to BoI Cebu and check with us!!!!!

I feel like I'm going to waste my time again,:banghead: anyone recently done a probationary 13a?

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Seems like they just being bloody minded at the moment about most things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Then they are an illegal alien. They should get their documents in order quickly or be deported. I wish immigration did a better job of hunting down those that ignore the rules (especially the obvious ones). Would solve a lot of problems in the expat community.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    I agree! Time to :banghead;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    When you renew the passport, how are the visa handled stamped into the old passport? Will they moved into the new passport by the BI?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    For my US passport renewal, my visa (permanent) was left in the old visa and the old/new were stapled together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Better hope you kept your previous visa receipts. I keep a folder with all transactions with immigration in a safe place.

10. DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    If on a 13a and you have new passport its ok if not leaving the country but if you do you need go to manila to have the stamp transferred to the new passport as the only place they will do this now.