Dumaguete Info Search

Passport Question Is it required to renew British Passport while in Philippines on permanent 13a?

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by ampalaya, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    They do not do it in Cebu or Davao?

2. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    They used to but things change as we know.

3. fritz

fritz DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I know a lot of people here they travel with the old passport with the 13a Visa stamp and the new passport and they told me that they never had problems with this way!
    I by myself prefer to have only one complete document so I will let stamp the new passport too.
    You can find here how and what to do for that! Transfer from Old/Lost/Cancelled Passport

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Chriswlan

Chriswlan DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Well, well.... I should assume it is the same on a SRRV. Interesting question then: so it is not really practical to PERMANENTLY retire to the ph after all? What if you turn 95 and it expires and you can not really travel (internationally) anymore by then?

Likely to be a major issue...

Chris

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Do any other countries with a similar cost of living offer a better "permanent" immigration solution for foreigners?