Dumaguete Info Search

Is the Forbes article about Dumaguete really making a difference?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by sandersonph, Jan 23, 2018.

1. djfinn6230

djfinn6230 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +953 / 117
    Blood Type:
    B+
    With the internet it is much easier than it was in the days of pen pals when she had to take the time to write, go to the post office then wait for your response with none of that immediate gratification. Plus, today’s younger Filipinas are millennials who have no memory of the days when it was REALLY poor. They don’t need to work as maids anymore with plenty of jobs available to them and especially their husbands. They do like to trick foreign men into sending them money because it is easy, there is no downside and the upside is lots of bucks. For them, no more of this “love” stuff. No more struggling for basic survival. I was here for a while when Aquino was sworn in and THAT was where you saw poverty everywhere. These mainly middle class Filipinas, even from up in the mountains and provinces, are entitled millennials. But they do like your money! I tell my friends to stay away from Filipina internet relationships. They may even be worse than the Ghana, Nigeria and Russian lady scams. There is no way to tell if the woman is honest. Assume she isn’t. Pointman Cebu has some good stories on the Internet about this but their info is old and not sure if they are still around to investigate filipinas for offshore suitors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. osodelnorte

osodelnorte DI Forum Adept Restricted Account Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +254 / 86
    This chart, like the report that Dumaguete is in the top 5 places to retire is funny.. It says that disposible income for Filipinos is about P17,000.. heck that is more than the average Filipino earns..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yet where I lived in Australia I saw it everyday where women latched onto a guy for their own gains and for many reasons, and once the guy failed to deliver, they simply move onto the next guy to bleed him stupid. I was married twice, and to be honest I was young dumb and stupid, just like many guys are when dating a Filipina online, or falling in love in a stupidly short amount of time, what do they say about when Fools rush in?

I realised my earlier mistakes, so in an attempt not to repeat those mistakes, I spent 5 years talking to my now wife online making sure I got to know her before I agreed to come and meet her. Many Filipina's fell off the wagon as time marched on and they grew more inpatient. That was a good thing as it weeded out those who's intentions were not the same as mine. I made sure I did not make the same mistake again, problem is for the majority of men is that they think with their lil head instead of applying common sense, so deserve all they get for being stupid, for I am sure with the mindset they have, they will be ripped off back in their home country just as quickly. Stupid is as stupid does, live and learn...

17,000? :wideyed: I have to wonder where they get some of these figures from, as in what Jobs here pay those kind of salaries? I know a School Teacher in Cebu City who is in her 50's and who has taught her entire life and receives roughly 22,000php per month. That has been the highest salary of anyone I know here is earning. I also know a couple of guys who are Private Driver's in Manila and are paid very well from what I am told, yet only receive around 10,000php per month. Everyone else I know pull in around 100php per day to 250php for those with a Trade position. I am sure the majority are not in a high enough bracket to have 17k a month classed as disposable. :o o:

• Agree Agree x 1