Dumaguete Info Search

I've begun to believe that the local bar association has no intention of disciplining

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bebasguy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    When My fiance(now asawa) was going through her annulment, she had a female attorney who was paid P150,000 for the process. before it was final, the atty left for the U.S. supposedly to obtain her Masters(in theft I guess). We had to finish the process ourselves, delaying our marriage more than 6 months....so its not just a localized problem with these thieves. As Larry said..." a license to steal"

2. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Or so i heard from a good source at Micky D's..O-|

3. Lonestar

Lonestar DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are good a bad lawyers everywhere! Don't single out the Philippines!

The name of the Judge who was fired is ex-Judge Barron. Unfortunately he was not disbarred and is still freaking practicing law and is still victimizing his clients both Filipinos and Foreigners.... but the good news is that his reputation is fast preceding him.

4. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    source: pinaylawyer.com

sounds to me like a setup of the foreigners opponent or the judges local enemies, but not initiated by a foreigner going against a pinoy judge. Nice example how much truth is in the stories told at the foreign embassy downtown Dumaguete

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    He may be practising law but not as a judge,the final papers were never sent from Manila to get shot of him!

6. andiflip

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Remember the name as he may be the next Chief Justice or anyway thats what i heard at Micky D's

7. PrensBana

PrensBana DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Well i am glad that i have made a friend of a Pinoy solicitor/lawyer who has impeccable morals and unquestionable integrity.

The Marilao Municipal Attny, come Baptist lay preacher, was our marriage celebrant.

We have had email correspondence with him a few times since.
    On my 2nd trip to Phil, we met him and he bought us lunch at a restaurant (imagine that! a Pinoy shouting lunch to a foreigner). :D

Brian has given us much free advice regarding buying property.
    When we do eventually buy property in Negrios, we will fly Brian down to do the paperwork.
    If we have any legal matters in PH that require a lawyer/solicitor, Brian will definately be our man.

Have experienced the dark side of the legal profession here in Australia.

One such evil lawyer so upset me (ripped me off) :mad: that i would lay awake at night O-| fantasizing about participating in his gruesome demise.
    O--O

Then God's Holy Spirit convicted me of my folly, taught me the self healing power of forgiving those who have wronged me, thus giving me restfull nights of sleep.
    amen
    :cool:

8. andiflip

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    What you smokin? i need some.

9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    An oxymoron (plural oxymorons or oxymora) (from Greek ὀξύμωρον, "sharp dull") is a figure of speech that combines contradictory terms

10. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    You'll need a good attorney if caught......Oh wait a minute.......:D