Dumaguete Info Search

I've begun to believe that the local bar association has no intention of disciplining

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bebasguy, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Charlie

Charlie DI Senior Member Restricted Account Veteran Coast Guard

Ratings:
    +417 / 128
    In my opinion if anybody wants full payment up-front, run and find a new lawyer, doctor, undertaker, ditch digger, cement worker, carpenter, plumber, store, or what ever, unless you know them and have done a lot of business with them in the past. More than 50% up-front should set-off a warning. Why would I worry about you if I already had your money ? How many people do you know that got paid before they did their work ? As someone above noted "Buyer Beware".
    I think we should start a movement not to pay the full price for a boat, bus, or airline ticket until after we arrive at our destination.

2. PrensBana

PrensBana DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You want?

[​IMG]

LOL, Haven't smoked the green weed for years.

Though i did see some ve-ery nice buds on the weekend.

Was playing hockey (field) in a nearby town and after the game i dropped in to visit an old friend, who is convalescing after an excruciating operation.

He grows his own sativa and he showed me this years harvest.
    Looked yummy, smelled great and i bet it tasted and worked good too.

Hmmm, yes, i know the word oxymoron and understand its exact meaning. Also i understand the point/jest you were trying to make.

The term "oxymoron" was not an accurate term for the jest you were making.

If i had said: "An honest Lier", that would actually be an "oxymoron", but, "an honest lawyer", is not.

To be accurate, the word you should have used, is "Paradox".

So my comment: "a Pinoy solicitor/lawyer who has impeccable morals and unquestionable integrity", though it may be an "enigma" to you considering your personal experiences of Pinoy lawyers, it is not "oxymoronic", it is "paradoxical" :smile:

Oh, back to andflip

And about what keeps me happy, sleeping restfully and generally in High spirits.
    Yes you do :smile:

and not just you :wink:

3. tomtorific

tomtorific DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 30
    Payments were in fact done in installments. Got to P150,000 by the time the atty bailed for the U.S. Finalizing annulment, going thru several more gov't agencies took another 6 months or so.

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016

5. Morkal

Morkal DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think they due to some bad apples people have to face many problem.But there are also many law firm that offering their services on no win no fee basis i think you consult with them.They help you in getting the quick response in your case and also at cheap rates.

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Please give a reference to some of these alleged many "no win, no fee" law firms!

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I highly doubt such a thing exists here.