Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Jewelry Store in Duma with good quality/pricing?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by AlwaysRt, Apr 1, 2016.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Any suggestions for (or against) jewelry stores in town/at the mall? Looking for quality (not junk but not any particular fancy name brand stuff either) at a fair price.

Thanks and yes, I am thinking about looking for an engagement ring. (haven't posted this yet and I already see a couple of you shaking your heads, knock it off LOL. I am not "another one of those guys" I assure you):2rofl:

2. Best Answer:
    Post #32 by AlwaysRt, Apr 7, 2016 (4 points)
  3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    For me, it all depends on what you are looking for and what any jewelers have in stock at the right price when you visit :nailbiting:
    Barter Barter, for that Discount. Take the Little Lady, everyone loves the Lovers:wink: But Congratulations anyway :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks, I guess after traveling so much I have noticed some places all the stores are fairly consistent -or- there are certain rip off (fake and/or very overpriced) stores to stay away from -or- there is a or a couple stores that always carry good quality at a fair price to go to and ignore the others. Sounds like you are saying Duma is in the first category. tiphat:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Well; when the other "one of those guys" end up having problems, their fortunate 'other' takes the ring to L'Huillier to pawn it. You may get a good deal there AND you will know its pawn value for future reference :thumbsup:

• Like x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Thanks x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    :2rofl::woohoo::worship: Now THAT is friggin' HiLaRiOuS - and thanks for the tip :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Peter

Peter DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 9
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    When do you need it for I am a Jeweller but i live in Australia and for what i saw in DGT it is so expencive and so thin if you send me a picture of what you want i will give you a quote Get the photo from Google

• Like Like x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    When? I haven't quite gotten that far. More research at the moment. Didn't think about having something and I have a friend in Guatemala that makes jewelry too. Adding the crazy shipping and delivery issues to the mix seems like stress I don't need.

Thanks for the offer, I will let you know if I change my mind after looking.

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    As long as it is done on PM's that will be Fine :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I would only really strongly suggest NOT going to ML Lhuillers (or whatever its called in Robinsons) or Oro China. From what I looked at before they both are vastly overpriced but then almost always claiming a discount... ML place usually seems to say 20% off or so and Oro China usually saying 40-50% off.... But with those *sale* prices figured in they were still vastly overpriced from what I could figure with a bit of research.

It may sound rough but I would almost suggest looking in Cebu IF your looking for something a bit nicer but not looking insane.

However one place here in Dumaguete I did look at at before seemed alright compared to the others. I don't recall the name but its a bigger jewelers place not far from Skycable office. However you could always go looking around at pawn places I suppose as well as plenty of dumb foreigners in the past threw a bunch of fancy nice jewelry at girls who ended up pawning them due to relationships going sour one way or another.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I met a Filipina, my personal banker here in the US and she had a tattoo of a ring on the appropriate finger. I don't know if she used to live in a rough neighborhood or if her husband was taking precautions. Rough neighborhood I think. Some people get rings of titanium, osmium or such so they have little value to thieves and you can mail order them, no diamond to lose. You can take her down to the tattoo shop and have her branded too. Just kidding, if she gets ink you should too. If she needs diamonds I would get her some earrings, something she didn't need to wear everywhere, everyday. If she needs gold, buy her a Maple Leaf some day. Diamonds, gold, pieces of paper that say you are married in the eyes of the state, things only have the value you put on them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1