Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Jewelry Store in Duma with good quality/pricing?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by AlwaysRt, Apr 1, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Buying sight unseen from one particular jewelry store I know in New York would be an option but getting a surprise customs bill doubling the price in between X months and a week from never is not. Not looking for even US average, just real, better than industrial grade, and nice for here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have had good luck checking out pawn shops. They have jewelry that was pre-owned/pawned but still very nice at reasonable cost and usually significantly cheaper than most retail jewelers who usually have a 400% markup. I also recommend white gold. Most Filipino thieves are stupid and think it is silver and not worth their time when in fact it is more valuable.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    "Oh, so you 'need' gold and diamonds do ya? Well, you're in luck, sweetie!"
    pick_axe.jpg

"Have fun with that. Peace!"

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    By Foodnet? Am I looking across from the wrong Pick & Cary or just blind?

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Wrong Pick and Carry, the one you need is in Perdices Street in Town, Towards Silliman from Lee Plaza on the Right hand side not far after Mc D'os ( The New one that is) :wink:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Canadianized

Canadianized DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +224 / 27
    I have been in the large jewelry store you are talking about. Nothing engraved on the rings to tell you if it is 10k and so on. I looked all over Duma and decided not to buy here. Maybe a cheap one for the time being and a better one later on. Thailand would be a good choice.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think it is far too risky to buy any type of jewelry in Asia. If you walk away with a fake and realize it later there is absolutely no way you are going to be able to convince any court that you didn't take it home and swap it out for a fake. Too much greed, to much corruption, no such thing as justice or integrity....I simply don't trust doing business in Asia.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Lanao has changed their name to Ranao.. Over the past 10 or so years I have had gold rings and silver bracelets made by them..Good and reasonable work...Just take them a pic of what you want..

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    I have purchased a enough diamond rings in what I would say were disappointing investments..:o o: There were all nice stuff from good jewelers I knew personally. However at this point in time, I would not put a nice large flashy diamond on a Filipina... for her own safety. If she needs a large flashy ring, then buy her one then buy a matching fake to wear. If ever confronted by robbers she can hand it over without remorse, knowing the good stuff is safe at home. I hope she will feel the same about you: "the good stuff is safe at home." :woot:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    My refusal to buy diamonds has absolutely nothing to do with the risks of it getting stolen. I won't buy them because it is an idiotic "investment":
    Diamonds Are Bullshit
    Any woman who has been informed of this and then still demands a diamond is not someone I would ever want to have a legal right to half my stuff. Unlike gold and other precious metals, diamonds are not rare and their value is determined solely by the companies that control the mining of these worthless rocks. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 3