Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Best Posts in Thread: JoyDelicacies Sallggow

1. Smally

Smally DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +142 / 25
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Congratulations David and Joy. Looking forward to coming along for some of your lovely food.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Found you, and yes the food was delicious as we expected. The clotted cream and jam very nice, beef pie delicious and filling, apple pie best I'v had since my mum made it. We were to full to try the carrot cake, eat that tonight. Very nice couple too, thank you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Hello, I just wanted to post a big thank you to Kelpguy for posting for me to this site and the site administrators and owners for allowing us to be here. When they closed the Valencia Sunday market it mostly put us out of business. We have a few restaurants that buy our desserts only and of course they are closed too. We have had many, many people call us and order food. We thank you sincerely and hope you really enjoy what we have provided. We have been buying what we can and giving what little we can, to some of the farmers that are out of business because of the closed Sunday market. The president of the Valencia Farmers Association is selling produce on a rotating basis for the local farmers at a stand on the corner of Smith St. and the Duma highway. That is the corner that is a two story vacant building that the mayor uses for his campaign headquarters during elections. If you buy there you are supporting the farmers that were in the Sunday market as a group more or less. They are also putting together produce packages and donating them to local people that are out of work. Again, thank you so much for the nice orders and I have really enjoyed meeting all of you and your asawa. Hinaut na nabusog mo sa among mga pagkaon,daghan salamat! Joy and David

• Like Like x 5
  4. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I talked to Norient and they still have takeout milk but since it is difficult for their farmers to get their raw milk to them to pasteurize and homogenize they only process 2 or 3 times a week so it is first come first serve at the processing plant. Flavored milk goes fast.

Silliman Farms on the other hand, milks their own cows but lacks the ability to homogenize and mass pasteurize so their milk has a small cream line at the top of each bottle which affects the consistency.

Small farmers who used to sell their raw milk to Silliman Farms have changed over to Norient.

The shop in Bacong noted elsewhere is supplied by the dairy farm in Buntod, Bacong as they return from Norient where they sell their raw milk and pickup processed milk. The Buntod dairy is just down the road from our family farm.

shakey aka John

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,592 / 2,888
    Some businesses are going to prosper short-term on the back of this crisis - you deserve very much to prosper long term and I am convinced you will. Your efforts are really remarkable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. shakey

shakey DI Member Veteran Navy

economic refugee
    Ratings:
    +295 / 8
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I placed an order Tuesday and met up at agreed place noon Wednesday. For one of the items that was short numerous free items was given.
    My order:
    1. 2 Chicken Pot Pies. Good crust and veggies with good flavor but without a cream sauce. After heating, I ate the first as is but the second I removed the top crust and filled the shell with Tostito's Queso and warmed up again...it was so yummy!
    2. 2 choco meringue pies. They only had one but it was delicious as expected with a cooked chocolate filling.
    3. Free Chicken parmesan with spaghetti, the chicken breast was so tender you could cut it with a fork which I cut into bite sized pieces and mixed together with the spaghetti which was coated with a garlic oil. I am a fan of using a big cube of Butterlicious butter and heated it all. There is enough for two if you don't pig out.
    4. Free Baked Ziti with penne pasta. It was heavenly with a generous Italian sauce with seasoned ground beef and veggies to which I added Butterlicious before heating.

Joy and the Chef really do an excellent job.

Guys and Gals let your lips smack until you get some of this! :smile::smile::smile: *****

shakey

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Sorry but I forgot to mention. In case anyone wants to know, I have been through a certification course in the US called ServSafe Manager with the state health department there and my wife went through a food safety course with the health department here when she got her business license.

• Like Like x 5
  8. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Thank you all that came and had roast beef last week. In addition to that, This Sunday, March 7th, we will have Pulled Pork - Southern Pit BBQ w/Baked Beans, Fries and Cole Slaw. 12.30 to 6.00 I am originally from Memphis, Tennessee and I have been making BBQ Shoulder for about 50 years. As with everything else, we make our own bread, sauce, rub, cole slaw, etc. The exception being the fries. With Fish and Chips we cut our own fries but with BBQ I like the crinkle cut "store bought" fries better so we serve those with the 'Q'. Hope we see you Sunday.

• Like Like x 4
  9. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

wish you the best in this!! happy your experience so far is leading to more permanancy, esp in these times

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Congratulations !!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1