Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Best Posts in Thread: JoyDelicacies Sallggow

1. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

as a post script, go early!! even if its take out. we got there near twelve and they were largely sold out of the frozen items!! good food, nice people

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. hiddenuser

hiddenuser Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

my wife and i visited them last sunday in valencia. the food we got was good, esp the pies!! will try again soon, perhaps this coming sunday

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Many thanks to those that came to dinner on Sunday. The pot roast was very tender and the strawberries and shortcake were sweet. For my British friends, (both of them lol), I made some Yorkshire Pudding and Mushy Peas. The fish and chips were very nice also. We hand cut the fries very large and fry them twice in beef tallow. It makes them very tasty and crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The fish also comes out very crispy on the outside and meaty on the inside.
    We had a breakfast semi buffet on Sunday too. Homemade country sausage, biscuits, sausage gravy, homemade pear and strawberry preserves/jam, etc. We also roast our own coffee and it is very full bodied and mellow but not at all acidic or bitter.
    Valencia market is open again and as far as I know we will be there Sunday with our usual foods. I am planning to have brewed coffee there that we roast and thinking about serving some hot sausage and biscuits, or biscuits and sausage gravy. Probably some warm cinnamon rolls and orange rolls too. We'll have homemade jellies for the biscuits. Strawberry, pear, apple butter and orange marmalade.
    Thanks again and we hope to see you there.

• Like Like x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    just had your Pot Roast Pie. Very tasty. Most tender beef I have had in the Philippines. One of those and one of your lemon meringue pies was a real treat!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    We are going to have a dinner, reservation only, friends and acquaintances and SO's, on Sunday June 28th at my house. Choice of Pot Roast or Fish and Chips. Choice of 2 or 3 vegetables. Mashed potatoes, fries, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, corn on the cob, mushy peas. Choice of Yorkshire pudding, yeast rolls or biscuit/scone. Dessert choices, Lemon Meringue, Chocolate Meringue, Vanilla Custard, Key Lime Pie, Apple Pie, Carrot Cake, Leche Flan, Strawberry Shortcake. Coffee or Tea included. All included, Beef 290p, Fish and Chips 220p If you want beer you can get it from the Sari Sari across from me if allowed and legal by then. I don't have a beer license. PM for reservation and directions.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2020
  6. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,367 / 1,258
    Mikal if you live near Bacong you can get Norient Milk along the roadside near the Buntis Fish Market on Wednesday.
    There are a couple of ladies that sell bread and such. On Tuesdays they text me and I order the milk I need for the week and they text me on Wednesday when they have it at their stall. During the quaratine they have been delivering it to my house.
    If you buy your milk at the palnt near the hospital it is around 70 pesos or so from their stall it's 90 pesos which seems fair they need to make a little bit and I don't need to go across the city to get the milk.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    We will post when we have new stuff and refer you to our FB page if that is ok on the site. As far as chicken fried steak, I do a nice one but we are not ready to offer that yet. I developed most of and have been cooking these recipes for 40 years but I have never frozen them and reheated, and also in the PH, quality ingredients, especially meat are not easy to find. It takes time to test them and there are always a few changes required because of the freezing and reheating changing the consistencies, flavors, etc. I started cooking again here in the Philippines just as a hobby and it is like Kev the Butcher said to me, "a hobby that has gotten out of hand". LOL. We enjoy providing food that people like but we want to be sure it is high quality, tasty and consistent. That is why we have to take the time to attempt to do it right. We just started doing this last year by selling our meringue pies and have been steadily adding dishes. My wife and I cook the food, make the deliveries and we try to schedule ahead.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    And who said that customer service was non-existent in the Philippines! You have all the hallmarks of great success in your business.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Hello All and Thank You for supporting us at Joy Bamboo Cafe. We are on Google Maps.
    Sunday April 11, we will have Roast Turkey Breast with choice of cornbread dressing or regular dressing. 290p
    As posted already we will be open Sunday, April 11 with full backup power. Regular menu is also available and includes Pot Roast, Pulled Pork and some Italian foods. If you don't know our food, everything is homemade. The Pot Roast is super tender and the Pork is Memphis Style Southern BBQ.
    Desserts available are Lemon or Chocolate Meringue Pie or Carrot Cake.

• Like Like x 3
  10. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Hello All, Thank you for your support. We will have a roast beef dinner this Sunday Mar 21, starting at 12.30 and serving until 6.00. 240p all inclusive. Our tender pot roast, with carrots and potatoes. Choose from roasted rosemary potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn, mushy peas, baked bbq beans. Yorkshire pudding or our dinner rolls. (or both). unli Brewed coffee, 1 Red Label tea, 1 soda, or other drink included, all for 240p, beer with meal add 55p each. Desserts are 45p additional for Lemon Meringue, Chocolate Meringue, or Carrot Cake.

• Like Like x 3