Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Best Posts in Thread: JoyDelicacies Sallggow

1. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Thank you for your kindness. It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife. We are very glad you enjoyed the food. We hope to see you there again.
    We will have more orange marmalade, the coffee we roast, corn muffins, and sausage biscuits next week, we sold out of all those last Sunday, plus we will have a few more new goodies and most of our regulars.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I'm making some more beef pot roast in order to make a warm beef pot roast sandwich on Sunday at the Valencia market. It will be on our homemade yeast bread buns with horseradish sauce or mayonnaise, pickle or.... I also made enough clotted cream so that if someone wants some I can sell a 250 gram tub. It came out really nice and is 125p a tub. I will have sausage, jams, clotted cream and scones/biscuits ready to eat along with the beef. Most all of our stuff is made by us. Jellies, pickles, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    I'll eat them any way up. Hope to see you there Sunday.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I hate to be pricey but I put a lot of beef in the pie and pay a lot for it, so I really need to get 100p for the pot roast pie. I put a little more beef now than the sample I brought you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Jens K

Jens K DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +764 / 47
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Before people go there for nothing - the Norient store behind the provincial hospital unfortunately was shut down due to the ECQ :(

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    It's not Norient, it is from a different dairy but it tastes the same. I buy raw full cream because I use it in cooking but they have pasteurized which is what I took to Liverpool Fan. Same milk as from Silliman. I really think if anyone wants milk they should go to Silliman or Norient out by the airport. Robinson doesn't always have Norient but Norient always has milk. Silliman and Norient are both good and taste the same to me. Thanks for the tip on cranberries, if I find some I will make some sauce. Sounds like the frozen strawberries. Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't. The canned aren't as good. I have some of both and have been thinking about offering strawberry shortcake but I haven't finished developing the method I'll use yet. I make good strawberry shortcake but I want to offer it in the little containers I put the pies in and freeze it. I've frozen the cake and strawberries separately and then stacked them in the container, then back to the freezer. When thawed it is ok but needs a little more work. It is still the best strawberry shortcake I've had here, lol, since it is the only one I've seen "in stock". Same as homemade twinkies and banana flips.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Tonight I had the baked chicken and dressing. Very tasty, nice flavors. I am not a big eater and could only eat half. I wish I had some cranberry sauce or apple sauce to go with it. The lemon meringue pie was delicious (small but tasty). My boy had the chocolate meringue pie and loved it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I'm so glad you like it. Sometimes they have it and sometimes they don't. That's why I don't advertise it. I use it in my cooking and to make cheese and yogurt. I just brought it to you because you told me you couldn't drink the milk here and you are a good customer and really nice guy, so I don't mind picking it up for you if they have it. I definitely will continue to bring it to you when they have it since that is what you are looking for. Please message me and let me know how many you want next time so I can get it. Sometimes it takes a couple of days. Thanks for the suggestion, so if anyone wants milk let me know and I will try to get it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thank you for bringing my order yesterday, I already told you I appreciate and like your food, this post to tell you, the milk you bring is just what I have been missing here in the Philippines, this is the real thing, not like the milk from the mall, can't drink that. You should put it on your FB and make peoples attention at it, simply delicious

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    A friend of mine came the other day and picked up some bread. He said some people can't get bread. I can make bread if you need it. I make a bread that in the US we just call it homemade bread, also make ciabatta, (like french bread) and can add barley malt, oats or sesame. In regular bread I make a mini loaf for 45p, 300 grams, regular size loaf is 75p, 600 grams. Not sliced. Hamburger buns 6 for 60p, 80 grams ea., add sesame 10p. Dinner rolls, (like a large pandesal), 6 60p, 80 grams ea. For Ciabatta, 100p 600 grams, 200p 1200 grams, both are braided loaves not sliced. Add barley malt, oats, sesame, 10p ea. I make it to order. Bake it the night ahead of delivery. I deliver bread orders when I have other regular orders in the area so it may take a couple of days. No preservatives so if you want it to last more than a few days you have to refrigerate or freeze it. I have regular flour now and won't have more whole wheat for a week or so. I don't do sourdough. I have been told Why Not sourdough is ok and I think they are delivering but not sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1