+166 / 17
    Sage and Fennel is what makes the difference I use alot also being Italian

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sedona

Sedona DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +673 / 102
    Regarding the question about fennel, this is one point of "positive" feedback I could contribute also. It does seem the seasoning is a bit heavy. With the dressing the sage was quite strong, and with the pasta dishes with sausage the fennel is also very strong. In my humble opinion, reducing those a little would make good dishes be even a bit better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  3. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I was curious about the free stuff you were sent, so I asked my wife and she said that one thing you wanted, we did not have, so she gave your wife a few choices of things we did have. Your wife was not too familiar with baked ziti or chicken parmesan so you were sent those as samples so your wife could taste them. I am glad that you enjoyed them. Again thanks and call us when you can.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Hello Sir, thank you for that good review. The chicken has gravy in it but we haven't figured out Swanson's secret in the gravy not getting soaked up by the chicken and the crust. It makes a big difference in how you heat it up too. Some like it the way it is, moist but not too wet, and some like it with a lot of gravy. If you tell me next time you order I will give you an extra little packet of the chicken gravy we make and you can add it when you eat the pie. I do this for a few customers that like more gravy. I just seal a little in a plastic bag. That meat in the Ziti is Italian sausage that we make. It is the same sausage we use in the lasagna but I make little meat balls with it for the lasagna. We make that spaghetti sauce too. Anyway, thanks again. It may sound corny but the only reason we do this is to try to provide really good food, especially some of the things we can't get here. Like Lemon Meringue and Chocolate Meringue pie, real carrot cake, and the things you had.

• Like Like x 2
  5. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Yes, thank you for the post and kind wishes. We worked it out and hopefully it will not be a problem now. I sent you a PM inquiry about your location. Laying out route for Sat AM.

• Like Like x 2
  6. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    Hello, Sorry guys but the landlord in the compound I live in said he will not allow me to make any more deliveries because he says I will bring the corona virus in. I live in Palinponan in a house I rent. There are two houses here plus the owner. I have a food delivery pass from the barangay but he doesn't think that is good enough. I will try to work something out but this may delay things for a few days.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  7. danbandanna

danbandanna DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +1,482 / 300
    Blood Type:
    A+
    just ordered will be here Friday aft
    2 lasagna 320
    2 chicken parm 320
    2 chick pot pie 180
    2 aussie pot pie 180
    1 biscuit gravy 90
    1 biscuit sausage 90
    1 custard pie 45
    1 lemon meringue 45
    1 carrot cake 45
    total 1135

will review once eaten :smile:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  8. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It looks to be quite convenient. I hope to be a regular. Giving several of the meals a go.
    IMG_20200408_172404.jpg
    I'm giving the chicken with stuffing (?) and lasagna a go tonight.

Below is one of the chicken meals.
    IMG_20200408_173926.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I placed my order last night around 9:30-10pm through FB messenger and received a reply within minutes. Order was delivered a few minutes ago.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    @kelpguy are you involved with this service? If so, more information posted here would be greatly. The FB page you provided seems to be semi-private. I have sent a friend request and a private message asking for more information (dishes available/prices/serving sizes). Hope to hear something back soon and report back what I find out. Very interested in this type of service.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1